“So bad it's almost funny”

Cloverdale Oaks Inn
Cloverdale Oaks Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Bergen, Norway
“So bad it's almost funny”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This motel was our only chance. It was late, we were hungry and everywhere else was full. The only room left for us was a shack. It was a small building not attached to the other rooms. It was so bad, but we were so tired we couldn't care. It actually became quite humouristic how bad it was. We went to the local friday music night happening, got drunk, had a great time and that's how we "survived" the room. No hard feelings, just a funny story to tell other people about our stay: "oooohhh, and then we stayed at this aaaawful motel in Cloverdale, it was so bad it IS actually funny". The owner must have known how poor the room was because he insisted that we checked it out first which was quite nice.

But hey! You have now been warned!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NC
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive night's stay on the way to Napa/Sonoma. They quoted $69 + Tax. As with ALL hotels/rental homes, etc. that I stay in, I pull back the mattress and check around the headboard and box spring for bed bugs. This room had 2 LIVE bed bugs; adult bed bugs are brown, kinda flat and larger than a sesame seed. We promptly checked OUT, and they refunded the credit card minus a $2.00 fee. I was so glad to get out of there; I didn't complain about the fee although they SHOULD HAVE WAIVED IT. Sheets appeared clean, but had old blood stains on pillow case and sheet. (more bed bug evidence).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cloverdale hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 28 February 2011

OK, it's not the Hilton. We were looking for a cheap place to overnight on our way up to the Mendocino coast. Cloverdale is the cut-across from Hwy 101, and when it's dark you don't want to be driving on those winding roads. We also had our cocker spaniel with us--many hotels won't take pets. And since all we needed was a bed to crash--the Cloverdale Inn was fine. Not sure you can find anything cheaper. The owner-manager was very courteous and competent. Wish some breakfast had been included, but the Owl Cafe at 485 Cloverdale Blvd is a good and inexpensive eatery. Rooms at the Oaks were spartan but surprisingly large, quiet. The hotel is exactly what it looks like--an inexpensive place to crash for the night.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
San Rafael
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My God....this place was awful. It was close to downtown and there was a GREAT band playing at the Pavilion on Friday. Johnny B and the Speedshifter's. Fantastic 50's 60's & Motown and they put on a hilarious show.

This room though...thankfully I was tired. The Beds are hard, the water pressure in the shower dismal and luke-warm? The cable TV...if you could get the channels to work...

Skip this one...

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
oc
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My husband and I booked 2 nights here with our 2 children. We stayed the first night. There's no bathtub to bath the kids, the fridge and microwave were balanced on top of a piece of plywood placed on top of a cut out area of carpet, and the beds were so uncomfortable we had to get pain medication at Long's in the morning. My husband woke at 6 am to people crushing cans just outside our window. I woke about 45 minutes later to 3 or 4 men talking loudly, again, just outside our door. It woke the children, too. We decided to change hotels. When my husband arrived to check out early, the proprietor's wife(who checked us in without a problem) said he'd have to wait 15 minutes because her husband was in the shower. My husband confronted the lady about her checking us in the day before. The man(who was rumored to be in the shower) then emerged from the back room dry and fully clothed in the same clothes he wa in that morning. When my husband checked in he used his cdl and my cc, but when he went to check out with the same cards they tried to tell him they couldn't refund the second night's stay because the names on the cdl and cc didn't match. Needless to say, check out was a nightmare. Later that morning, my daughter found her pillow had been left in the room. I called to see if they had found it and the man who answered the phone was anything but cooperative. I went back the next morning to retrieve the pillow without incident. Of course, they had their daughter help me instead of coming out themselves. I'll never stay there again. It was a headache and, literally, a pain in the back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Upland, CA
Reviewed 20 October 2008

September 2008

My husband and I stayed here and thought it was a great place to stay. We wanted a place that accepted dogs which they do without question. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was absolutely immaculate. I have stayed in expensive hotels that didn't have a room as clean as this was. It is hard to find a place that accepts any size dog. They usually only accept the small ones and ours is a 50 pound pitbull. There is an area to take your pet nearby which was very conveniently located close to our room. We very much enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Upland, California

• Liked — Price, pet friendly, cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Not enough towels
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County
Super 8 Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale

Been to Cloverdale Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!