“Best BBQ in the West!”

Hamburger Ranch & Bar-B-Que
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Cloverdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indio, California
“Best BBQ in the West!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a wonderful roadhouse and beer garden in the northern end of Sonoma County. Well worth the drive from Santa Rosa or Napa. I am sure in the summer it is packed so we avoided the crowds and came in Spring during the week. I agree that half a rack of ribs is very filing. Loads of meat on the ribs and the best ribs I have ever had. We also tried the brisket and tri tip...they tended to be a little dry. Loved the selection of sauces. Fun atmosphere, great service and the best ribs!

• Visited April 2014

Minnesota
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews here ate there. A half rack of ribs was almost more than I could eat. Food was great and the salad was fresh. Took pumpkin cake to eat later, probably would order something else next time

Visited March 2014
Yountville, California
“Roadhouse Feed - Local Favorite - Required Stop for us.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hamburger Ranch is a mile above Cloverdale proper.
31195 Redwood Highway (Hwy 101 at California 128)
Cloverdale, CA 95245
707-894-5616

A fun place for a Hiway Break, 3 meals a day, comfort food, interesting desserts. Provides postcards for guest comments; these are mailed back to Hamburger Ranch, which posts them all over the wood paneled walls. Homey.

Large outdoor dining and cooking area - some parking alongside building and hiway. Clean restrooms. We've been there several times, once with another couple. Hiway 128 leads to the Ocean at Mendocino Town. Unusual Hiway on the last 20 miles - it is a State Park 500 feet wide that protects Second growth redwoods - that hide the clear cut areas beyond.

• Visited April 2013
Cloverdale, California
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had the British Burger, which used to be very good, but it has certainly gone down hill! The bun was bigger than the burger and the whole thing oozed grease. Same with the onion rings. They were cooked too hard in oil that wasn't hot enough and they were very greasy.... All this for $13.95!!?? WAY too expensive! I will never go there again.

• Visited February 2014
San Francisco, California
“Tasty food poor service”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

On the way home from Lake County I stopped at the World Famous Hamburger Ranch. It was around 5 PM. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with a side of onion rings. The waitress that took my order did not deliver the food, the food was delivered by another waitress after she noticed that my plate was sitting for a long time. The food was tasty. While eating I noticed that the help was very young and more interested in talking to each other than helping the patrons.

After finishing the meal I asked for the check and I was shorted on the change. When the waitress gave me the change she did not include the receipt which she discarded in the garbage can. I asked for the receipt so I could show her that she shorted me. She went to the garbage can to retrieve it, I showed her the shortage and I realized that the young lady did not know how to make change.

• Visited February 2014