“Great BBQ”

Hamburger Ranch & Bar-B-Que
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Cloverdale
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've stopped at this place several times when passing thru Cloverdale on the way to Mendocino. It's not great for vegetarians, but you love meat, this is the place for you. I should try something different, but I love the pulled pork sandwich so much that I wind up ordering it usually. The Ranch Fries side dish is wonderful. The fries are just the way I like them: crisp on the outside, soft in the middle.

We also like the fact that the outdoor patio is "dog friendly." Chipper appreciates the water dish, but the smell of meat is almost more the can stand.

Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Hamburger Ranch & Bar-B-Que

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stopped for a quick lunch on our road trip. Food was fast ans tasty, service was friendly. Atmosphere was different, post cards were all over the walls...sent to them from all over the world. Fun to read.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I ate there on our way to visit friends on the coast. Since I had never eaten there, I didn't know what to expect. We both ordered meals. They were served hot and in a timely manner. The staff kept checking on us to see if we needed anything. The three BBQ sauces were all so yummy, I couldn't decide which one I liked so I made a melange of all three. There was so much food, I took leftovers with me. I got two more meals out of them. My only wish is that they served the meal with bread, you can order it as a side, but who wants to miss the slaw and beans or any of the other sides they offer. It's good and very messy. They don't skimp on the napkins. We left ready for a nap in the sun and fresh air. I'm drooling writing this review and can't wait till August so we can stop there again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

In the past month we have to Hamburger Ranch twice. Thinking it was just my taste buds the first time, went back again. Bun had been sitting out and was so dry, it was for the birds. We came about eight p.m., which is close to closing. A bag of garbage was flopped down next to our table. I mentioned to the wait person, that it was rude, since we were still eating. No response or moving the bag. Paid bill and left. Sunday night went back. Bun still dried out (not grilled). That night's wait person was starting to take my plate, when it was obvious I was still eating. I told him that I have been known to stick my fork in a hand when that happens. He backed away and let me finish my dinner.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I love this place, some of the best burger and BBQ around. Their burgers have that specific seasoned flavor that only comes from one thing; making consistently great burgers on the same grill for years and years....you can't find burgers like this easily anymore. It is just good food. Period.

I try to stop here every time i go through Cloverdale, you should too!