“Small Rooms, Wasted Energy”

Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Corona, California
“Small Rooms, Wasted Energy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Spent the night in Clovis on business and stayed at the HI Express. Surprised by the (lack of) size of the room. Very small, somewhat cramped, but OK for just a one night stay. Upon entering the room, I was blown away by how cold it was. The thermostat was set at 64 degrees. Why? OK, I get it was triple digits outside, but set the temperature to 68-72. If I want it cooler or warmer, I can adjust it. Didn't check in until 7:30 PM, so the room sat there all day blowing cold air. What a waste of energy! This is nit picking but my in-room clock was set 1/2 hour slow. Does housekeeping not know the correct time of day? This should be checked, daily and corrected if necessary. Had I not checked my phone, I would have been late to my first meeting. Breakfast good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kyung Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We do our best to provide the best possible service however sometimes we do fall short. I do hope that the next time you are in town that you will give us another chance as I would be happy to give you a free upgrade to a much larger suite.

Should you ever need another reservation please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff and we will do our absolute best to make amends.

With Hospitality,

KYoon
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel so we were in the middle of two state parks. We got in at 10pm and was greeted and checked in quickly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything was modern and they offered breakfast for the morning. I would gladly stay here again if I were in the area.

Stayed July 2014
Kyung Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! We will continue to provide 5 star service for all of our guests and we hope that the next time you are in town visiting, we will be your first choice. I hope you enjoyed your trip to our beautiful national parks and look forward to your next visit!

With Hospitality,

K Y
chagrin falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Came in late from the airport - called hotel and was pleasantly surprised that shuttle was still running - picked us up within minutes. Another pleasant surprise - our reservation request for connecting rooms was honored without any hassle (2 king executive rms). Immediately recognized as Platinum Priority Club and given goody bags with waters & snacks - all made for great first impression. Rooms were comfortable and appeared newer. Typical HIE breakfast. Shuttle back to airport in morning made for easy stay.

Room Tip: If you want rooms to connect, request 2 King Executive rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We always strive for a superior customer service experience and I am glad that my staff was able to help in any way that they could. The next time you are in town, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Drogheda, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night breaking a journey from San Simeon to Yosemite. Good location on Shaw Bvld with lots of dining options nearby. We good a good recommendation for a steakhouse down the street (Cool hand Luke's) Room was fine and breakfast was the typical HI express fayre. Rom price was pretty good, so for the money, it was a good choice

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Hanlor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodation, breakfast and the location of our hotel. It is our goal to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hemet, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I travel for business, and like most business folks, I always look for nice hotels with Great Service etc., etc.

While I know many times you never hear about something unless it's a problem....but just wanted to take the time to tell you how much I enjoy the Holiday Inn Express in Clovis, CA., .....especially Randy.

I've stayed at several hotels in the Clovis/Fresno area over the years.....but the service at Hoiliday Inn Clovis on Shaw Ave., is the Best.

Example:......when I arrived on Sunday, 6/15.......as I walked into the lobby for check-in, Randy was behind the desk and I was greated with "Good Afternoon Mr. Rapp,".....so good to see you back with us again!! Yeah.....that probably doesn't seem like much....but the simple fact Randy recognized me, by name no less.....means a LOT to folks like me traveling.

The hotel stay was great as always......quite....peaceful.....great service, and an EXTREMELY Friendly Staff!!!!

I still have several more trips to the Clovis/Fresno area this year, and Randy secured the Holiday Inn Express as my First Choice, the next time I come to town.

I sure hope the Hoilday Inn Express folks realize what a Great Employee they truly have.....trust me.....I've stayed at other Holiday Inn's, and the service and treatment in Clovis is ALWAYS just a cut above!!!

Great Job!!! Looking forward to seeing them again!!!

Most Sincerely,
Steven Rapp

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that Randy was able to go above and beyond as a customer service rep. We look forward to continuing this type of service any time that you are in town.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

On of the best HIE's that I stay at. Great staff. Clean and comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price. Anne and Jada made sure we had cookies each nite when we got back to the hotel from a long day of meetings. The rest of the staff is equally friendly and accommodating. Overall a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review! We knew that the cookies would be a hit, but didn't realize that it would be such a huge success. I have informed Anna and Jada of your kind words and look forward hosting you the next time you are in town!
La Habra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a wonderful trip. Breakfast was fresh and hot. Coco was there to assist with her always-pleasant attitude.
Room was very clean. Wish they'd fix the shower head in room 112. It is always sliding down and makes showering awkward.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review! From the bottom of my heart we appreciate you our guest. The next time you are in town please let us know and we will take care of you and all your lodging needs!