“Excellent intermediary place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Alameda, CA
“Excellent intermediary place to stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Great hotel with great service. Enjoyed the overnight. Would to back or recommend. Breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We arrived at our room and the fire alarm went off. On returning to our room a few hours later we found out the hotels air conditioning motors were outside our room this made sleep impossible. We called the front desk to ask to move with no rooms available

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PSJ77
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Hotel is almost brand new. Rooms are big, but nothing spectacular in decor. Bathroom is small. No bar in the room. There is a fridge , micowave and a coffee machine. Sleep number bed that is very, very confortable. Room and bathroom are very clean. Very close to Clovis downtown. Negative: back of the hotel has a view of the wall, garbage dumpsters and cheap shopping mall. Pretty ugly. Front of the hotel has a view of a parking lot. For sure, no prime view from any room. Very small outdoor swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank GVO_LA
Skovby
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The service we received at this Hotel was excellent.
The room was clean and quiet and had a perfect size. Ideal for a business travel.
I stayed there for more than 10 days and not a single thing to complain about.
Wireless worked on multiple devices without any problems.
The bed was also spot on. 10 times + good night sleeps.
Food was excellent as well. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 February 2011

The one thing that matters to me more than just about anything when traveling is the cleanliness of a hotel. This hotel was very clean, and is only about a year-and-a-half old, and so everything is in great shape.

At check-in, they didn't program the key correctly so we had to go down when all I really wanted to do was crawl in bed.

We ordered two chicken dishes from the restaurant in the lobby for room service, and received a call a few minutes later to say that the chicken was bad and they had to throw it out. I could have done without that information! So we went back down again and ordered a steak dish. They waived the price difference ($14 difference.) They charged $10 in service charges (delivery charge, service charge and room service charge--totaling $10.)

I cannot comment on the sleep number bed because I was so tired I fell asleep almost immediately, and didn't get a chance to play around with the setting to determine what was comfortable for me.

LOVED THE FREE INTERNET!!

The room had a microwave and fridge (and maybe even a coffee maker, but not sure, I was too tired to really notice and only stayed one night.)

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, and will stay here again next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I travel for work on a regular basis and have always enjoyed staying at any HGI around the country. So when I booked this hotel for a family stay in Fresno, I could not have been more dissapointed. The staff was horrible from check in. Errors were made with our reservation, we had to wait, front desk staff was very rude. When I complained to the manager on duty, he was even more rude. Left messages with the hotel GM, never a word back. I would avoid this place at all cost, service starts from the top and it fails at every level at this place.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank gpac14
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Checked in, room was decent, staff was helpful and friendly. Went out for dinner at Toledo's Mexican Restaurant, (excellent food) located right down the street from the hotel. Returned to the room, got in the jacuzzi and noticed something crawling on the wall. My husband killed it with a tablet of paper and saw it looked like a cocroach, we immediately packed up and called the front desk to avoid a scene with their other guests.

Different staff from check in and totally rude and insulting. He sent housekeeping to the room to verify the bug, she came and removed it from the room and offered us a different room. She was very polite and apologetic. We said no thank you we would just like to check out.

All the guy at the front desk had to say to us was "I don't know what to tell you, we don't have a roach problem." Never once an "I'm sorry for the mishap or inconvinience." He refused to give me a receipt, he gave us a blank paper. He said we would have to work it out with the manager on Monday. (2 days later). We then left and went a block down to the Holday Inn Express.

Check in to Check out: 3 hours
Actually in Room 1 1/2 hours
Used Jacuzzi and bathroom sink
Price $185.90
Discount due to cocroach: 40 bucks. (which I still haven't actually had put back into my account yet)

Also spoke with mananger had to call her back she did not return my call like she was supposed to twice. She was unhelpful, rude, snappy, and said the same exact thing to me that the hotel check out clerk said, what more proof besides the bug itself do you need before you can accept that maybe you might just have a problem after all???

Also please note for as many times as they have told me they don't have a problem she (the manager Cynthia) notified me that the exterminator was called and he already comes out twice a week. So maybe they are just trying to cover up a problem they have already been treating..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mom096
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!