“Worth the trip”

Add it.
A Book Barn
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Clovis
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Living in Porterville, this was a trip for us to have lunch, do antique browsing, etc...and had seen this place on Tripadvisor and added it to our list of things to visit. I am so glad I did, as I have been searching for a cookbook that my Granny had of Frannie Famer. Now after a couple of years of looking, I found it here at the Book Barn. Prices are good, staff are very helpful. If you aren't into ereaders, this is the place to go......

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Amazing quantity of used books at great prices. We are voracious readers and tire of our small local library. This is the place! We really enjoy being able to find multiple books by favorite authors.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

For those who still like to hold a book in their hands, this is a great local place to find a huge selection of used books. They have a great selection of current reads and even the collectibles. If you like browsing books, this is your happy place in Clovis, especially if you are from out of town and looking to kill some time. Staff is Old Town friendly and knowledgable, with deals to be had.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a wonderful bookstore with a friendly atmosphere. A local family owns & runs it, and has preserved the 'old town' atmosphere of this unique building. So many books, not enough time....... You will want to stay for hours, and no one will bug you. There is an open air view of the upstairs, and a huge old wooden stairway on each end of the store. They moved from a smaller location in downtown Clovis, a few blocks away. This is a great location for them, with much more room. They have everything from sci-fi books to classics. Sell your old books, buy a few more, you can't stay away.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When travelling, I enjoy browsing the local used book stores...if I can find one. But as a resident of Clovis, CA - I really don't have to look far. First, I received a friendly greeting and was given the lay of the land, as this is a rather large shop. I enjoy finding my way around on my own, but it's always nice to have some kind of orientation. The book selection is not lean - very comprehensive. Along the stacks there are places to sit and get to know the books you're considering purchasing. I can easily spend an hour here browsing, and that's being conservative. There's something for everybody. If you're a traveller looking for a place to stretch your legs and spend a little time - this would be it. The Book Barn offers a San Francisco used book store experience, right here at the "Gateway to the Sierras".