Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Clovis/Fresno
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Clovis, California
“Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very surprised of how large the rooms were. They were very clean with clean showers and clean sheets. The room had a very large and functional kitchen with a refrigerator. I was able to park right in front of my room door. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Modesto, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I only stayed one night but will be staying here again when working in Fresno. The room was very clean and everything worked. I was able to park my car right in front of my room and was away from the street. The location is great with a Starbucks and Target nearby. The management was very nice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Belinda A
Newark, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed in ABV hotels before but this one is far yet the cleanest one I've ever been too, excellent customer service. I have alot of family here in Fresno/Clovis area and most of us come the Bay Area. We all stay here when in town.

Room Tip: Very quiet and convenient downtown location, super clean, people friendly
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank juarez777
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and for a ABV this place was the s!@#. I would very much like to stay here again. I've been in other locations for this brand of hotel and they didn't even come close to the quality and cleanliness of this location

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Scoob420w
Oakland, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I booked a room for 1 night on booking.com. I also checked their independent website for more information. It states on the website that all rooms have a kitchenette. I booked the 2 queen beds room because I thought I would be getting a kitchenette to wash baby bottles after the Thanksgiving holiday. Well....as the day approached I called Michael, the host of the hotel and told him I would like a room upstairs or with no one above me. I am a light sleeper. He said that would not be a problem. When I checked in and I saw that the room he assigned my family and I did NOT have a kitchenette, I went to find out why?? He then gives me this lame excuse that since I need a room with no one below us, and all the one story rooms were taken he gave me a "deluxe" room? Which makes not sense...because it had NO KITCHENETTE! He said that the room I got was alot nicer than the only Kitchenette room he had available (which only had 1 king bed). I was pissed off because he tried to sugar coat the fact that I was not getting a kitchenette, but nicer room that he said did not smell like "smoke" as he put it. Check-in was at 3 pm and it was only 5 pm, so I didn't understand how all the other rooms with Kitchenettes were taken?? Also, as I sat in the room, I read the service binders that gives information on hotel information during your stay and it clearly stated that ALL ROOMS comes with a kitchenette. Our room did not have a burner or a sink. It only had a vanity sink outside the bathroom area which the hotel manager said could be used as a kitchen "sink". What a load of garbage. He and his website basically mislead the potential customer. I even checked today to confirm that the website says even the "deluxe" rooms comes with a stove...they DO NOT!. Plus, he even tried to say that I got a better deal on the "deluxe" room when I checked online today and they are the same price as the regular rooms. So he lied. This place is no good. Stay at the Comfort Suites up the street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elvira C
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I needed to come to Clovis for business so online I went to find some reasonably priced motel that wasn't a dump. I took a chance on this motel and it is pretty good. I got the Queen Kitchenette Suite for under $75 INCLUDING taxes! (Summer sale) First of all, it is clean. Has a flat screen tv, fridge with separate freezer, coffee pot, microwave, kitchen sink and cabinets, regular closet with a real door, bathroom has lots of space, high speed WIFI, free local calls and cable. The bed is fine, just not all poofy like a high priced places. Parking lot isn't special but big spaces for cars. The couple in the office were very nice. 2 miles from the Fresno Intl Airport.They have a clean pool, free continental breakfast and AC which is good since it is 102 today! Non smoking motel. I'll be back when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I got a special on the queen kitchenette but I also noticed other rooms have ceiling fans. My room w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Katie M
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 17 May 2013

When travelling, whenever it's possible, I prefere skipping big cities and getting an accomodation in smaller ones.That's why I opted for a night in Clovis instead of the close Fresno. This proved a wise choice since Clovis is a neat lovely town. Before my arrival I had had a look on Tripadvisor about which motel might suit me the best and the America's Best Value Inn was the one I had picked. Reaching the motel I was at first sight a little perplexed about my choice since it was located on a busy street, the surrounding buildings did not seem to look good and I couldn't say how far it was from downtown. When I saw my room I understood on the spot I had made the right decision. It was not a normal room but a studio, equipped with a kitchenette, clean and spacious. The rate was correct and I could make use of whatever I needed to prepare a meal. After unloading the luggage from my car I went exploring the surrounding area and I discovered that downtown was just a few minutes away on Clovis Avenue and that several shopping opportunities were just as close. Despite being on a busy street I can grant that at night time the area is quiet. Guests have access to a swimming pool and in the morning they can enjoy a very basic breakfast consisting of coffee and pastries, Despite not an issue the breakfats quality is the only flaw I found. Every member of the staff I dealt with was kind and friendly. Can I recommend the Americas Best Value Inn in Clovis? YES without any doubt. Should I be in the area again that's the place where I shall stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo