“an experience”

and 1 more site!
Black Hawk Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
Reviewed 10 December 2009

We stayed for the first time at the Black Hawk when we could not get a room at the Casino. Yes. The place looks like the bates motel and its creepy at night. But let me tell you the person who attended us was very friendly, the rooms look like they are form the 2 hand stores, the bed are not all that great but what do you expect for $60 a night (sat). all the items worked just fine and kept my beers cold. We now us the place as a back up when we cant stay at the Casino, we bring our own bed sheet and towels, but other then needing new bed sheet and towels it’s not a bad place. NO ROOM service. We have stayed there about 5 times this year and never had any issues with anyone or any damage to my Benz. I don’t recommend it if you’re a scary cat and don’t like to experience an advantage. Because you will not sleep at night… but its safe place I will stay there again.
Friendly people

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank joejsalgado

Reviewed 23 September 2009

Old thrift store finds... lamp shade had an inch of dust . No shampoo or soap. Old console tv with bad reception sitting on top of a chest. The only reason for staying, we were very tired. Friendly service though.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadtrip54
Christine P, Owner at Black Hawk Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

This review was submitted 5 years ago, and since then, a new owner has taken over, and the Black Hawk Lodge has been improved.

Reviewed 5 May 2009

Arrived late, person checking us in was very nice. We where asked to follow him in his truck to our room! No rooms left in regular bldg. Down a dirt road, up another dirt road to a bldg. located on the back of the property. A lilttle scary late at night, went into room to find one king bed, one roll away, one couch. A kittchen not finished, lights that did not work, bath towels that came from? no bath matt, no hand towels, two wash cloths, one little bar of soap and plenty of spiders. No screens on only window in bath and a broken screen on slider entrace that fell off track and on to our new car. This bldg. is obviousley rented to long time renters, a man next door had his TV blaring until 3:30 am, yelled at us when we asked him to turn it off. Then he snored and snorted all night. No fresh air access that led to no sleep. What is wrong with this picture? NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onthegosantacruz
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Booked a stay here one night in anticipation of a stopover on a trip back from Yosemite. Checked into the room to find thick dust on top of the furniture and TV/ Cable box...a huge spider on the wall by the bed, and someone's dirty old sock on the floor. It looked like the room had not been cleaned in a very very long time. So I ended up just leaving and driving the rest of the way home. The hotel management would not refund my money or give any kind of discount, even though I did not stay, and denied the room was dirty in any way!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2009

The motel is older, that's true. The furniture in each room is unique, reminding one that the motel may have been furnished with thrift shop type furniture. All that being said, the rooms we used (there were 4) were all clean and comfortable. The rate for Friday night was $55, and $60 for Saturday. Chukchanci Casino is $150-$200. The KOA Kamping Kabins (no linen) is $135-$150 (for Kabins!!!). You are on the South side of Yosemite. Oakhurst is another 15-20 miles to the North, and the rates there are an additional $20-$30 more expensive.

For short stays, this place is fine. Nothing fancy, but it's clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank BenBikin
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My partner and I decided to try this motel because it is close to the casino and the casino was booked up that night.... I can't complain about the room rate which was only $60 on a Saturday night, But I do have other complaints. The rooms are old and worn, the room had a funny smell, and there was no central heat in the room, just a small portable propane heater which took forever to get the room comfortable. It was freezing when we came back to the room from the casino and there were no extra blankets or pillows in the room. There were only two pillows on the bed which were flat and lumpy and also there was no shampoo/cond or soap in the room. The towels they had in there were very old and starting to fray and lack there of. In other words, I would have rather have spent the extra ten or tweny bucks to stay a little further in oakhurst.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2008

This is a very Quaint single story old time roadside motel. Ring the bell and you will get friendly personal service ( including not limited to showing you how tv works, how heater works air ect. there was even large brand new bottles of shampoo and conditioner , body wash in shower not the little ones some of the bigger chains use ( not the cheap detergent ones good stuff I might add)) My husband and I stayed there Saturday night we paid far less than Motel6 and had microwave fridge and coffee in the room Our room had a extremly huge bed room was exceptionally clean ( I used to manage some of the best on the road and know clean) sheets appeared crisp showweeer was clean large bathroom. Being as the front rooms are so close to this busy highway to the casinos I was afraid that the traffic noise would be a bother ,we did not hear it at all. I will stay again and will recomend friends and family. This reminded me of my younger years when country folks were family to everyone on the road there was no stranger.
Thank you Black Hawk Inn , We truley enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank carebear1210
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coarsegold
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
#8 of 9 in Oakhurst
Ravensbrook Inn Yosemite
Ravensbrook Inn Yosemite
#1 of 1 in Coarsegold

Been to Black Hawk Lodge? Share your experiences!