I have a mixed review of this property. As a general statement, I would say the hotel is spacious, clean, and a nice place to stay but not so nice that it justifies the high prices. Las Vegas hotels make their money from the gambling, but this one seems to make its money from the rooms and restaurants. I would not stay there again since I do not see the value, but at the last minute it was all I could find.
Here are some notable points.
1) Check in was fast with plenty of staff available.
2) The room was large and luxurious. It was FAR nicer than the room I stayed in at a Las Vegas Casino (can't remember the name of that one, but it was a non-famous one in the middle of the strip).
3) Cute Chukchansi stamped rubber ducky in the bathroom (tempted to steal it but I did not, asked if they sell them in the gift shop and was told no).
1) The gal at the check in desk was not terribly familiar with the area. I asked for help from another check in person the next morning and found the same thing. Neither could answer my question, and neither one sought help from coworkers.
2) The casino area is smoke filled. I guess that is only bad if you are a non-smoker, but I am and the smoke was excessive. Since all of the hotel's restaurants are in the casino area, you just have to hold your breath and hope for the best.
The parts that are both mostly bad, but have some good to offset them:
1) Parking area gets VERY crowded. Lots of gamblers seem to come for the casino. You have to park far away with your luggage (really not terribly long but when you have luggage, 2 blocks seems far) BUT the shuttle bus comes quite frequently so that offsets the distance.
2) Plenty of dining options during regular hours, but not so much late at night when you finally make it back from Yosemite. Everything at the deli is pre-made and they ran out of things from the menu every day I was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino embodies the ultimate in comfort, luxury, relaxation and excitement. Become inspired by the breathtaking views of the beautiful Sierra foothills from our luxurious and well-appointed rooms and suites. Escape to the luxurious Serenity Springs Spa to have your well-being and natural beauty rejuvenated. Treat yourself to Chukchansi’s unforgettable entertainment and dining experiences. And see why our world-class gaming offers the most ways to win. From the doorstep of the world-renowned Yosemite National Park you’ll find first-class attractions, including majestic lakes, exceptional skiing, championship golf and many other recreational opportunities. Your stay will leave you with a new appreciation for the Sierra Nevada foothills that we call home. The area’s natural beauty and an inherited respect for our native land is apparent in our ongoing environmental initiatives and a Green program in our Hotel rooms that promotes water conservation and use of environmentally-friendly products. Even before the towering Ponderosa pines are in your rearview mirror you’ll be looking forward to your next trip to Chukchansi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chukchansi Gold Resort And Casino
- Chukchansi Gold Hotel Coarsegold