“Family time”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rollins Lake

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Colfax
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic and calm lake for boating and camping.
“Family time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I hope to try this place out its about 5 to 10 mins from my sisters my niece goes there on retreats so I'm looking forward to try this place hope we can start a family tradition. .

Auburn, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lake as I remember it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I haven't been to this lake in forever and here is why. I was swimming in it one day in it's seemingly pristine waters when I ran across head to head a very large piece of human waste. Haven't been able to go back since as they idea that people are that filthy keeps me away from its still waters. The river however has me captivated with it's ability to wash things downstream. Also the road is still horrible I hear on the swimming area of Upper Lake. When is some of that parking money going to go on fixing that surface to be safe for travel.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank LocalAuburnite
Grass Valley, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Needs upgades”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Staff is really unfriendly. its a burden to them if you ask for anything.
. All the sights need to be leveled off. Bathrooms need updates. water is always cold
Summer boat pass was a total ripoff
. Needs a lot of upgrading

4 Thank Lori H
Sacramento, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Nice lake, Horrible check in.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have always stayed on the Green Horn side of Rollings lake, I love how they have a store that sells pretty much anything you need for your stay (food, beer/wine, clothes, water toys etc.) My annoyance with this place is the entrance, I have been here at least 5+ times and getting through the gate is always a pain in the [--]!!! The last time I went to check in, I gave my friends name who the site was under and told them I would only be there for the night, after I already had to wait in line 15 min to even talk to some one they said I would need to turn around and get BACK into line so that they could take my information and let me know what campsite number it was. Its always the 3rd degree to check in, its a damn camp site I don't know why they have such sticklers AND take so long to even figure anything out.

4 Thank dizydezi05
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely perfect camping!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Rollins lake is a great place for camping and family time. There are stores for convenience and the staff at Orchard Springs is great. Disregard comments about drug use, vommiting, and other nonsense. You will always have other campers who choose to break rules and be rowdy. The staff at OS ensures to only keep people there who decide to respect the rules. We camp there all the time and enjoy every minute of it. Highly recommend!

5 Thank Love_to_camp015