“stayed at alot worse”
Review of Colfax Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colfax
Colfax Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
Medicine Hat, Canada
“stayed at alot worse”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Granted the price was alittle high, $80/night.......but it was a place to stop and rest.......it was pretty clean, could have used bigger towels but no big deal, the coffee maker was dirty had not been cleaned since the last guest vacuuming was poor but all in all we have stayed in alot worse for alot more! The manager was helpful and directed us to a wonderful restaurant in town called Dine and Dash......best meal we had in 8 days while travelling.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luv2luvt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I very recently stayed a night at the Colfax Motor Lodge. My room had a comfortable king bed and the cost was $80.00. The room & bath were neat & clean, but nothing really special. Older furnishings in the room. I was told that the room I was in was to get a new carpet within the week. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is right on the north side of I-80 and you do hear the muffled sound of big trucks passing, but I always carry earplugs - which I used - and that did not bother me. The front desk person, Sandy, was very pleasant and welcoming. TJ's Roadhouse restaurant is next door and offers very tasty "comfort foods" at very reasonable prices. A McDonalds is across the street. Other than a B&B, the Colfax Motor Lodge is the only lodging in Colfax and the last lodging that is just off I-80 eastbound until Donner Lake / Truckee CA. Due to this they can charge more than would otherwise be applicable were there competition. I did enjoy my evening at the Colfax Motor Lodge and slept well. Those wanting a little less expensive overnight may want to check the lodging available in Auburn CA, which is a few miles west.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, bring some ear plugs to block the sound of passing "18 wheelers&quo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank GTB-SFO
Monterey, California
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I chose this motel for a quick overnight stay on my way to Reno. I was going to arrive fairly late and called ahead. I was glad I did, because by the time I arrived (around 8pm on a Thursday night) all of the rooms were sold out.

The parking lot is tight, but there were enough spaces for all of the rooms. There may have been more parking behind the hotel, but since I didn't have our cargo trailer on this trip I didn't ask.

The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The rooms back up to the highway, but I was not bothered by the occasional noise of the traffic. I was traveling alone and made sure to be aware of my surroundings, but I found the area to be quiet and safe.

Although I didn't eat in Colfax, there were several restaurant options nearby including a McDonalds Restaurant across the street from the motel.

I would highly recommend the property as a great option when traveling to or through the Colfax area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank CAHeadHunter
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This 18-room motel sits right next to the freeway, so it's easy to find, but there is (of course) some traffic noise. The (new) windows block most of it, and when we ran the air conditioner, we hardly heard the traffic at all. Beyond that, the rooms are spotless and well maintained, the staff nice, the grounds cute, and the location is great. Right across the street is Colfax Max, with great burgers and shakes, as well as a grocery store, and there is a local coffee place (Buzz Through Joe's) and a Starbuck's within a block. What more could one want? (Actually, I would have wished for a ceiling fan in addition to the A/C, but we were there in August and it was hot.)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank InRenoNow
Livermore, California
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I've stayed in the Colfax Motor Lodge on many occasions. The motel has been remodeled in recent years. The rooms are modest and clean. Because the motel is right next to the freeway the truck noise could bother some people. When I stay there I run the air conditioner and it doesn't bother me. If you are on your way up to the Sierras and have passed Auburn this is the only place to stay until you reach Truckee which is a one hour drive. The grounds around the motel are very well maintained (flowers, grass, tables). There is a restaurant next door and a grocery store across the street.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick P
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent a night at the Colfax Motor Lodge a few months after the new folks took over. When we found that the TV remote for our room was dead, they replaced the battery instantly. Room was nice, if a little old-fashioned (sink outside the bathroom next to the front door). The lodge is a few blocks from the business district, with several local and chain restaurants within a block.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Hotel is totally worth it for the price. Clean was room. Restroom was clean. Couldn't ask more for so less

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Best Western Golden Key
#3 of 10 in Grass Valley
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
#1 of 1 in Colfax

Been to Colfax Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!