“Peaceful retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Osyth
Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Oakland's with my husband for 4 nights from 30th June to 4th July, it is a quite park and the staff are very friendly. We stayed in a gold plus caravan which was very big inside, we didn't use the clubhouse in the evening but we did use it for a coffee during the day, it was quite small inside, there was no swimming pool at the park so we had to drive 5 minutes down the road to use the pool at another park. We drove into clacton everyday for shopping and sight seeing which again is a five minute drive. All in all a very good park to stay at I would recommend it and would definitely stay here in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Holiday Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

I was pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay
with us. I do hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Leanne Trangmar

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

so after reading reviews i was absolutely petrified as i booked a sun holiday here for me and my family, it wasn't as bad as i expected, im glad my caravan was clean. i dont know what they are doing with there so called entertainment, we went over to the club at 6:45 for bingo that says starts at 7pm. we were unsure of where to go, we was looking around and then at 6:47 we asked them because we got fed up of looking around and they said we were too late to play I WAS FUMING! i am not even exagerating! they didn't even tell us in a nice way, so blunt with attitude. i got so angry i didnt even bother to stay for a drink or to watch, went back to the caravan. i will not be recommending this place to anybody. i wasnt expecting 5* as this was a sun holiday but it was absolutely a disgrace, so glad my niece and nephew aged 4 and 7 ended up not coming, could not imagine trying to entertain them aswell as myself! THE WIFI IS POOP! do not waste your money. the parks security is NON EXISTENT! you just drive in, you dont even need to confirmation and you dont need to show entertainment passes. anyone can just walk in and do god knows what. I HOPE PEOPLE TAKE THIS ALL ON BOARD WHEN BOOKING THIS PLACE, we just wanted a nice quiet weekend but were not even allowed to enjoy ourselves. trying to ask me if i want to buy a caravan there? NO BLOODY THANK YOU.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HannahLouise75
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Holiday Guest

I was sorry to read that you had a disappointing stay with us here at Oaklands Holiday Park.

Our bingo does start at 7pm, as you can appreciate we stop selling bingo books at 6.45pm
as we have to register all our ticket sales with our central office. All the rules are supplied
on a large board in the club house, as well as on our media theme which is transmitted on the
three large televisions, before the bingo begins.
You mention in your review that you wanted a nice quiet weekend. Oaklands is a quiet park with
just one entertainer. We do not require security due to the type of park that we are. We do however have a Park Warden that is on call 24 hours per day, should you require any assistance. The WI-FI is supplied by an outside company WI-FI Sparks. Had these issues been bought to our attention during your stay with us, I can assure you that we would have done best to rectify them for you.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I expecting the worse from a sun holiday had a wonderful time at this resort. My 17 month daughter loved every morning/evening when the ducks and geese would come between the caravans so she could feed them. We would watch the rabbits running around as well. The entertainment facilities were not the greatest but the one entertainer did his best to make the holiday special for my little girl. With no children for the kids club activitie he was quick to do some ballon animals for her and even offered us a ride to the beach. He really went out of his way. We used our entertainment passes at another near resort 10 minutes away by taxi and used their pool and facilities for the day. Not bad for a sun holiday.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, it was a pleasure to read. I will pass
on your comments to Trevor the entertainer, good reviews and comments go a long way and also
gives our staff the praise they deserve.
I do hope you will come back and visit us again in the near future.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed two consecutive weeks - different dated accomodation - bronze and silver- would have paid for higher grading if available. First week had major job finding caravan , then it turned out was over looked by other vans on every window - no privacy unless all curtains were drawn. Standard of caravan was abysmal- it wasn't 'bronze' it was contractors standard- the quilt looked like it was two years over due a clean and TV was akin to tablet computer in size - parking was non existent and I was told first come first served. I was told I could 'park over there' so I did and parked 'over there' and reversed drove down a hole that was covered with rotten wood slats - nearly a major event.second week I was in a silver - cost more - difficult to work out what was the 'more' you got for your money. Again overlooked and parking was provided although inadequate and half the length it needed to be.Also resident ducks ( which was nice) roosting in and around my caravan as the area surrounding and exit on the staircase to the caravan was waterlogged - again an accident waiting to happen.
Major downer was the lack of reception for my vodafone ipad and my O2 smart phone - which I found extremely frustrating as that is something I take for granted. And having a close relative whom was seriously ill( has since died) NEEDED reliable communications. Went back to the office told them had no signal and WHY on this occasion it was critical I stay in communication with my family. They told me that the lack or reception was an issue between me and my phone provider not them, and they suggested I nip down to Tesco and either buy a 'Three' phone or SIM card then I would be alright. I couldn't believe their attitude!!!!i went to the Tesco locally the following morning - they weren't selling 'three sims or phones'!!!
Also their online system took payment from my card twice, it took me nearly a week to get it back with persistent phone calls and pestering.they were also pretty useless at issuing receipts, I had to chase them for these also every time. The only way I achieved a result a week later ref my refund for their faulty online system was by threatening my next call to be to Trading Standards.
Incredibly I have stayed at other Park Holiday venues in recent months without a problem- can't quite make that out.
I would quite categorically say this site was the worst caravan experience of my life - and by virtue of their attitude they really don't deserve success. I did advise them that I would like to talk to someone in authority re these problems and would put off this trip advisor entry for a day to allow them time to call me for a 'chat'.I put off this entry for several days and they have not bothered to call me - as they say 'buyer beware' - don't want to say 'I told you so....!'

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank sparkle032
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding Oaklands Holiday Park.
Unfortunately the phone single was out of hands. With reference to your concerns you
have raised regarding your accommodation, I am only too sorry that you did not bring these
issues to our attention at the time of your stay with us as we would have done all we could to rectify there and then for you.

I hope you will not judge Park Holidays to harshly in this instance and that we will get the
opportunity to welcome you back on to another Park Holidays park in the near future.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Came home a day earlier yesterday from this holiday park. Caravan very small had a 2 bed bronze caravan for 2 adults and 3 children and a small dog but too small. Arrived Friday no entertainment due to Trevor the rude non entertainment man putting on the football and watching it whilst the 15 to 20 kids played in the park left at 9:30 and still no entertainment. Returned at 7pm on Saturday whilst Bingo was still being played hoping BGT (Britains Got Talent to be put on the television) Did ask at the bar and they said the Boxing was being put on and asked Trevor if BGT was being put on but too interested in something else so we left to watch it in our caravan. My twin girls were very disappointed not to have seen Loopy on their weekend holiday. Location ok 15 minute drive to Clacton which has been cleaned up since my last visit well worth a visit for the arcades and rides. Local Chinese takeaway (Happy House) in St Osyth did a lovely takeaway. Oaklands is a nice clean camp with a beautiful lake. Shame no swimming have to drive to their camp 10 minutes drive away to use the pool. Campsite more suitable for older people due to children wanting a swimming pool and some good entertainment and to see Loopy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank langleyrangers
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I was sorry to read your review, regarding your recent stay with
us here at Oaklands Holiday Park.
I will be investigating the issue you raised regarding our Entertainments manager. Here at Oaklands we offer a wide variety and try to accommodate all our holiday guests needs. Saturday evening was scheduled for link up Bingo which we have to display on the televisions in
the club house. We also had a scheduled live act Spellbound and as advertised the Boxing match with Froch and Groves. Oaklands is one of the quieter parks in the area with the option to use the facilities on our sister parks as stated.
I do hope this will not deter you from visiting another one of our Park Holidays parks in the near future.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Upon arrival with a young baby who needed feeding at 3pm check in is not till 4pm the quite straight faced receptionist said we would have to wait until 4 o clock to check in.When 4 I clock did come outside of our bronze caravan was filthy bird feces all over windows and doors ect personally the outside of the caravan needed a good jet wash!!!When we entered the caravan it got worse it was filthy so much so I went to tesco to purchase my own cleaning items.No heating which isn't stated when booking gas heater didn't work huge gaps in the door which you had to shame shut to close.Really really cold at night.Bed linen is charged at 3 pounds and they can't even make your bed? Cobwebs everywhere dead insects blood on curtains and towel rail :-| blinds also had bird poop on.Disgusted really for the £173 paid not worth the money at all.Caravan site I would not say is good for kids as no swimming pool etc and a very outdated park.deffo more for the older couple.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Leviuno
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your review.

I only wish that you would have informed us at the time of your stay so that we would have had the opportunity to rectify any problems that you were experiencing.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We came to Oaklands to give Mum (81 years) a short break. The park was lovely and clean and the staff all very polite and welcoming. The caravan was very clean as was the crockery and pans etc. Harmony could not help us enough, especially when my sat nav would not work to come home and downloaded google maps route for me. The bar staff especially the Scottish lady were funny and helpful. The food was fabulous and as for the sunday carvery that was something else, the chef was brilliant and the food piping hot. As for the entertainments, karaoke, bingo, singers, quizzes and all sorted by Trevor who never seemed to be away from the place and may I add all staff included those in the office were smiling and happy faced all the time and not because they had to be, they genuinely were enjoying their work. We had a great time. It may be a small out of the way park but well worth the visit. We look forward to coming back in October this year....Thanks to all concerned in making our break a happy one. xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TJ64_13
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It was great to read that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us here at Oaklands Holiday Park.

I have passed on your kind words to my staff.

We all look forward to seeing you again in October.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Osyth
Premier Inn Clacton-On-Sea (Seafront) Hotel
Chudleigh
Chudleigh
#1 of 17 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#12 of 13 in Clacton-on-Sea
No photo provided
Barnfield B&B
#3 of 5 in St Osyth

Been to Oaklands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!