“filthy dangerous for kids”
Review of St. Osyth Beach

St. Osyth Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2014

rubbish all around metal poles with very sharp edges found on the beach,fishing hooks amongst the stone so wear shoea at all times

3  Thank shar h

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a beautiful unspoilt beach, which is travel agents speak for windy, rubbish blown with mostly stony ground. It also had a slightly creepy air with rather pale looking middle-aged men asking for directions to the nudist beach and trying not to look women in the face. I didn't feel comfortable taking my two small grandchildren there and we left. I am not complaining about naturism as at nearly 70 there is not much my wife and I haven't seen on European beaches but I find the leering creeps beneath contempt. Still as my wife comments, they have to go somewhere I suppose - what a pity it spoils everyone's day out.. My advice look elsewhere for a day out at the beach and avoid this location

3  Thank David J
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I recently moved house and spent several weeks at St Oysth Beach whilst looking for a new home in north Essex. The caravans were comfortable and the staff were excellent. They went out of their way to help, were friendly and dealt with any issues promptly and effectively.

Many thanks for making what was a stressful time for us as pleasant as it could be.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We liked the MegaPod and location. Be careful not to end up on the nudist beach at Sy Osyth's, not that they minded.

1  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The beach is mostly stoney, very little sand. There are a few places that you can get food and buckets and spades for the kids. A nice quiet little beach.