All reviews front desk choice properties walk in closet decent breakfast clean rooms large room yogurt one night stay great room would definitely stay here again freeway redlands remodeling channels housekeeping
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was cautious about booking this hotel because of it's location. This area is not a nice part of Colton. However, the positive reviews convinced me to book and I'm glad I did. The hotel is relatively new with a nice pool and spa. From the pool area looking east on a clear day you can see Mt San Jacinto and Mt San Gorgonio.

I encountered several incidents that detracted from the over all value of the hotel.

We arrived just before noon. The clerk asked me if I was aware of the 3 PM checkin policy. I'm in a hotel sometimes as many as 30 nights in a year. Yes, most have a 3 PM checkin policy, but I've never encountered a hotel that wouldn't let me check in early if there was room available. The bureaucratic clerk at this Comfort Suites told me that he didn't know if any rooms were available and if there were he'd charge me a $15 fee for early check in if a room was available. Mind you that there were only 6 cars in the parking lot. This made me very angry but the bureaucrat refused to budge. He said it was a management policy and he could do nothing. Comfort Suites risked losing a customer over a $15 fee. Had I not already paid in advance, my wife and I would have left. There were no shortage of vacancies in the area. But we'd paid. We left. Went to a movie and came back in the evening.

When I went into the lobby there was a guy there trying to open a can of chili. I guess that was to be his dinner for the night. He was using a can opener that the hotel clerk loaned him. The can opener, which turned out not to work, was secured by a cable to the front desk so that the can opener couldn't be stolen. This scene raised a concern for me about the kind of people that stayed at this hotel. Another man asked the clerk if she had a knife. She found one. He used it to open the chili for the other man.

I knew that we would be coming back very late that night and this scene worried me about our safety when we came back. However, there were no further incidents. We had a lovely evening and returned to a quiet hotel with no strange people milling around.

We had a great nights sleep. I woke up a little before 9 AM. Dressed and rushed down to get breakfast before it closed at 9 AM. I got to the breakfast door about 9:01 AM. The clerk at the desk told me the breakfast room was closed and that I couldn't even go in to grab a cup of coffee.

I checked out the spa and found that it was only luke warm. To cool to use. Since we were leaving soon I saw no point in raising this issue with hotel staff.

In conclusion, a very nice comfortable hotel at a low price in a bad location with a couple of bureaucrats at the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't expect to check in before 3 PM. Get to the breakfast room before 9 AM. Check out the spa temperature upon arrival though I doubt if the bureaucratic staff would raise the spa temperature due to "policy."
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeachWizard4U
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Guest

What a very kind review, Thank you so very much for making us your choice of hotel in the area. We look forward to your next visit.

Anand Patel

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Tricky to find, the road was not on our Sat-nav but once there it was an exceedingly favourable experience, Large comfortable, clean room with all the usual facilities expected in an american hotel, excellent breakfast

Only downside it is on an industrial estate, not that it is obvious at the hotel. It appeared to be a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your great experience with other potential guests. Our staff appreciates when they are recognized for their outstanding work. We hope to see you again

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We loved this hotel. The room was very clean and it met our expectations. Breakfast was very good and lots of food available. Price was terrific and I think it is a hidden gem. It was close to a grocery store so we bought microwave dinners and used the in room microwave.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool were quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDL2011

We truly appreciate the business you have given us, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Colton. Thank you

Reviewed 24 August 2012

After looking online for a hotel for an event in the area of Colton I came across Comfort Inn. Right away I was attracted by the low room rates, cleanliness from photos online and especially by it being a 100% Smoke-Free hotel since I have allergies from smoke and because I am a Non-Smoker! During my stay at the hotel I took note that all rooms were booked due to a large event that happened to draw in young adults in which I didn't mind. After my stay I was quite pleased until I got home and checked my credit card account online and noticed I was overcharged. I immediately contacted the hotel knowing that this has to be a mistake/error. I spoke with an employee named Andy who claimed to be a manager and was told "oh yes what room did you stay in? Yeah I seen your room and your room smelled like smoke". what??? I knew there had to been a mistake since (1) - I don't smoke (2) - if I did why would I choose a smoke-free hotel to stay at?? Andy insisted there was no mistake and gave the run around with no help at all.
This situation was so upsetting and the so-called manager did not want to resolve this matter i have taken this to my credit card to dispute this bogus charge.
After looking online at Comfort Inn reviews, I have seen that I am not the only guest who have been SCAMMED by being falsely accused of smoking in their rooms and being charge $150 - $250. I understand the economy is not at it's best, but playing such a SCAM on your guests is wrong! What a way to stay in business.
To all those who plan to stay at a Comfort Inn on your next trip, you might want to do your research online and let the reviews speak for themselves. I regret not doing so!

• Stayed: August 2012
9  Thank Barbiejustine
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We loved this hotel. Staff was helpful and very accommodating. The room was very clean. There are many restaurants in the area that are a short drive away. Breakfast had a variety of items. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your great experience with other potential guests.we have a wonderful staff, which love our loyal guests, and will go above and beyond to insure they enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again, when your back in San Bernardino.