All reviews front desk choice properties walk in closet decent breakfast clean rooms large room yogurt one night stay great room would definitely stay here again freeway redlands remodeling channels housekeeping
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Aside from the interesting location, everything was fine with one exception. The room was clean, large, well appointed, and comfortable. The only exception was the towels. My bath mat was frayed and my wash cloth was stained and stiff. The wireless internet was excellent. The breakfast was typical Comfort Inn I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear

Kind Regards,

909.825.9100

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The motel is of the old style with multiple buildings and long hallways. The room had a smell to it.
That was a turn off. But what makes this motel unacceptable is the guy at the front desk. HIs name is "Andy" and I will never forget his rude and disrespectful manner.
We stayed here for four nights and on the first morning I went down to the breakfast area to get some oatmeal and orange juice for my wife. I always take breakfast back to the room for my wife, so she can enjoy her breakfast and watch the morning news. I have done this for over twenty years of traveling on business. No one had complained about it until this morning.
As I was going out of the breakfast area, I heard someone yelling "Hey! Hey! you can't take any food out of the breakfast area! " It was the man behind the front desk. I then asked him if I could take this to my wife and I will be back to eat in the breakfast area. He responded by continued yelling "No! No! no food out of the breakfast area!"
I have never been addressed like that on all of the years of travelling and that includes travel over seas. It was the rudest thing I have ever experienced. So I took the oatmeal and orange juice back in the room and put it down. And I never came back to the front until I checked out.
On the morning of check out, He (Andy) asked me "How was your stay?"
I told him that it was ok until he started yelling at me. He then started to argue with me about it!!!
I could not believe it was happening! It was just awful!!
I got my receipt and was out of there!!
I then drove to a Hampton inn in Highland Ca. and the service was excellent!!! And the price was just four dollars a night more than this dump.
Since this experience, I will never stay at a Choice Hotel again!
FYI
I have found that the Best Western Brand is a good replacement for the Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jack H
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Sir

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.But our hotels staff was just following the rules. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Although the staff was very pleasant, and my breakfast was pretty good with scrambles eggs and slices of ham, I would not return.

The interior of my room seems mostly clean although I was visited by ants. They probably came because the interior and exterior trash cans were overflowing with trash and condom wrappers. The hallways had a bad smell, probably from the trash.

The inside of the elevator was adorned with fingerprints and splatters of ????? all over the frame and walls.

As I walked outside to my car in the morning, I had trouble seeing across the street through the thick layer of smog, not fog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terri S
Andy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Filth,Ants and trash on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Colton.

Kind Regards,

909.825.9100

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room! From windows to the TV screen, spotless! I liked the secure doors & exits! The parking area was very clean and very well lit. The bed was amazingly comfortable with pillows galore that were for every kind of 'sleeeeep!' AC was fresh and cold. Floor & carpet so clean, going shoeless was actually nice. Towels were not worn out and thin either! Frig kept things very cold and microwave was great. Coffee pot lost out on being in such tip top shape. No one knows how to clean them, unless they are a real coffee drinker! The TV and programming was excellent! Lighting was great too. I seriously think that large arrows or plaques with color coding of some type would help guests find their way through the labrynth of hallways. It was very confusing each time they were traversed. With things in your hands or carrying them in your arms, this was an added burden. Sound didn't travel and this was a first floor room. Doors didn't slam shut so noise was NOT an issue here at all, even with industry so near the location. The tall sign can be seen from the freeway and it helps a lot if you are new to the area! Apartments across the street were clean and quiet. Traffic was never an issue either. Can't ask for more at their rates! Never thought to take a photo, the room looked just like the ones I saw on the website. Front desk & Service staff were professionals. The breakfast was fresh, tasty, plentiful and quite a variety, for family and adult. Coffee 24/7 made the room's maker less of an inconvenience. This rivaled Best Westerns! This was so much better! Decor was superb. Laundry room was clean as well. It is well worth every penny to stay here! I hope to do so again and again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

We are glad to learn you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. All of us here at Comfort Inn & Suites appreciates you taking the time out from your busy schedule to write us a review, I am sure you will be glad to learn that we are considering your suggestion .Please let us know if you have any more suggestions or comments since that is only way we can improve our product and service. I hope you choose Comfort Inn & Suites, Colton again for your accommodation needs when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great rates but terrible service. The employee's at the front desk were very rude to me in not one but several occasions when simply housekeeping request were made. Even though the rooms were nice it still didn't make up for the lack of customer service. We requested sheets the first night for the pull out bed, we didn't get them until 11:30 pm, and that was only after being rudely told they didn't have any (which wasn't true). Denied pool towels because they didn't have any, and the list goes on and on...the front desk staff did not make our stay pleasant at all.

Room Tip: Pull out beds do not have sheets. They are only given to you upon request, and that is only if they have any.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler7405
Andy P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

I would like to apologize for your inconvenience. The evening of your visit was not a common occurrence. Our hotel is normally very quiet, and our staff very attentive. Again if you come back to Colton, we will be more than happy to give you a complimentary upgrade, and I guarantee you will have a great stay. If you have any questions, please contact me at (909) 825-9100. Thank You Andy Patel , Property Manager.