“Oasis in the Gold Country”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Jardin

El Jardin
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Menlo Park, CA
“Oasis in the Gold Country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

After three days of "authentic" Gold Country meals, atmosphere and prices, our family (2 Adults & 3 small Children) needed a place to relax and recharge. El Jargin was the perfect spot. The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating & the food was fresh, very well presented and a bargain - especially the "Kid's Meals". The atmosphere is not very 1849'ish & the miners probably did not have real Mexican restaurants, but they would have enjoyed the excellent cold beers and great Mexican entrees.

You do not have to have "struck it rich" to enjoy a family meal here!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CyberTravelGuide

San Francisco, California
“Huge portions, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Granted, there are not a whole lot of options for food in Columbia. We were hoping for margaritas so headed over to El Jardin after a day spent exploring the countryside and swimming. Unfortunately they do not have a liquor license for hard alcohol, only wine and beer. So cerveza it was. The prices are very reasonable for the gigantic portions you serve. As often happens with me my eyes were bigger than my stomach, but as I saw our table-mates meals being served, I downgraded my own meal to only 1 tamale plus the rice and beans they serve on the side. And I couldn't finish my plate; I'm so glad I decided not to get the 2-item combo! My husband got a super burrito and left more than half of it on the plate, although he said it was very tasty. They have a beautiful patio for dining al fresco; we didn't even see what the inside looks like but I'm sure it's as quaint and charming as the outside.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sanfrantravelnut
Brentwood, California
“Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great service and good food. Reasonable prices. Had 18 in our group and we were all served promptly. We did have to split our group up into 3 tables to accomodate the seating arrangements of restaurant but this was not a problem.

Visited July 2013
“Good food in funny town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Right beside the historic buildings lies this Mexican Restaurant. Food was tasty. Awesome guacamole. Good Service.

• Visited April 2013
San Carlos, California
“Good as Gold”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I stopped at El Jardin for lunch, and we were very happy. We enjoyed a picnic table in the cozy patio out front. It's nice to sit outside on a sunny day, although unfortunately there's a bit of road noise. The service and the food were great. I had an Enchilada, and my wife has a lemon chicken salad. Both had great flavor, and tasted very fresh.

• Visited March 2013