“Always good food and service.”
Review of El Jardin

El Jardin
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a great way to enjoy lunch or dinner in historic Columbia. They have a wonderful patio with plenty of seating that is shaded and very pleasant. The food is always good and is prepared with fresh ingredients. I really enjoy their chips and salsa, which always includes several deep fried flour tortilla chips.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Mexican cuisine is not my normal choice, although OK for my friend, but with limited options in the town it seemed there was no real choice. However, with a bit of guidance from the staff they were able to modify items to provide something that was suitable for me, as a result I had a most excellent and enjoyable meal. Good friendly and informative service, large portions, well presented and excellent value.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We didn't have much to choose from in the way of restaurants in Columbia, but Mexican sounded good so we went to El Jardin. We eat at a lot of Mexican restaurants so we know a good one from a bad one. The service was excellent -- attentive, friendly staff. The lights above the booths were a bit too bright for our taste, but the decor and general ambience were pleasant. There are only a few tables, so it never got loud. Now, for the food. Real Mexican food is fairly bland, so this was the real deal (a little on the bland side) and nothing special, nothing notable. The servings are big and the food is delivered minutes after you place your order. Seriously, I think we sat there for only 10 minutes before being served. Like another reviewer said - they only have a beer and wine license, so their margaritas are made with wine. They were really good and not boozy tasting like a regular margarita. It's worth a visit if you're staying overnight in Columbia!

1  Thank HouseFamilyTravel
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I eat at El Jardins more than we want to admit. The cooks (Carlos & Honswa) make the food the way we like it. We've made friends with the staff over the years and enjoy the special treatment.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The food was delicious. The portions are generous. The staff was very friendly and quick. The only thing was the presence of a fly, but I guess it flew in when the door opened, otherwise 5 star.

1  Thank Alix_12

Been to El Jardin? Share your experiences!