“Great meal...be sure to ask about Early Bird dinner specials”
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Description: Fine dining in an historic gold rush setting. New owners as of June 2015.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great meal..huge portion of salmon! If you begin your dinner between 5-6 pm be sure to ask about early bird special (starter, entree, wine)--early bird is just right to be finished in time to go to the play/musical down at the Fallon Theater.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We didn't eat here today, but since I had made a reservation at Columbia Restaurant and couldn't find it, I went in to check on the one I made the reservation for. City Hotel restaurant wasn't opened, but Heidi took the time to call around to find out where there might be room for us to eat. She informed me that the Columbia Restaurant burned down in Dec of 2012. We had no idea who I made the reservation with. She said she called her cook to see if he could come in at the last minute to help us out. I am so impressed with the above and beyond care she took to try to help me that I had to write a review for them. Next time we go to Columbia, City Hotel restaurant is the ONLY place I'll call for a reservation.

2  Thank VickiG95340
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The menu sounds wonderful and we were hopeful, but the food was very, very disappointing. I had duck that tough as a boot cols and fatty. Soup that was tasteless. Decent salad and vegetables. My wife had salmon that was awful and tasted muddy. For the prices everything should be good. The place was empty on a Friday night and that should of been a clue. Have a drink in the bar and move on.

George S, Owner at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

This review was prior to new ownership of the City Hotel Restaurant. G&C Foods, LLC is celebrating our first year of operation. Hope we can serve you once again with a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

While the setting is fine, this place needs new management. We went in at 12 noon for lunch. The young waiter was very polite and did a good job. But he was forced to begin by telling us what was not available from the menu. The menu inside was also different from the menu posted outside. Most everything we wanted was not available. I also ordered a Bloody Mary. The bartender was just setting up. He needed to bring in another bucket of ice. He said It will be five minutes. I was here until 2am." We ended up ordering an appetizer that was actually on the dinner menu (escargot). They were probably the worst we have ever had. It was sad because this used to be a great place.

George S, Owner at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

The City Hotel is under new management. G&C Foods, LLC would like to provide you with a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We had an early dinner. It was okay but we wouldn't return. Service was slow. It was a little pricey for what we received.

Been to City Hotel? Share your experiences!