49er RV Ranch
RodewayInn
Sonora Inn(Sonora)
US$118
US$110
Gunn House Hotel(Sonora)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotwire.com
US$162
US$132
TripAdvisor
All reviewshospitality housegold panningsierra foothillsstayed herecolumbia state parklong termbig treeslevel gravelspring breakangels campgold rushcampfire49erspotsitecampersrv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Fun place to go with lots of things to see and do in the area. Campground folks were very helpful and friendly. Plan on returning in June and hope the weather will be as wonderful as it was on the last visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RCFC19
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have been RVing full time since August, 2011 and this has been one of my favorite stays. I stayed here three months and and found the place to be great for long term and short term RVers. The installed FIOS super fast internet, a must for full timers. The property has a lot of character with a rustic feel. They host camp fires with period entertainment. Full hook ups with strong 50 amp service. I found the staff to be very helpful in solving my issues. The location is walking distance to the historic gold rush town of Columbia and is an easy drive to Yosemite National Park. I will definitely be a repeat guest.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank anonymoustexas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The best I can say about 49r Ranch is that it is located in a beautiful setting. However I found the park to feel small and congested. What the ultimate disappointment was is the fact that our first time camper coupon of $20 was not honored and we had reserved 2 sites! When we checked in the night before we forgot to show the coupon. The next morning however we took it up there and was told that it would not be honored. There is no mention of the timing on the coupon whatsoever. The clerk said they should put that restriction on there in the future. We spoke to the owner as well and after enjoying breakfast with us at our campsite he walked away saying that he would rather we used it on our next trip. Sorry, but there wont be a next trip for us or the friends we had along with us. Shame on you!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie M
Chuck F, Manager at 49er RV Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on the 49er RV Ranch. I am disappointed that your stay was not what it should have been, and I consider this an opportunity to improve our guest relations. Our policy is to honor the $20.00 first time coupon even if not presented at check-in and I apologize on behalf of the Ranch that our staff member did not handle this correctly, we will use this as an opportunity to train our entire staff in the proper procedures should this situation arise again in the future. I ask that you contact me directly so that I can insure that you are compensated for our error, I take pleasure in welcoming you back to the Ranch I can be reached at Chuck@49rv.com or 209-532-4978. I will personally take care of you to insure your next stay is most enjoyable.
Chuck
Ranch Foreman

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Looking for a friendly spot where you can park your RV or travel trailer while you explore the Gold Country near Angels Camp, Sonora, Columbia and Murphy's? Look no farther than the 49er RV Ranch, located a half-mile distant from historic Columbia State Park. Staying three nights, we found the staff to be friendly and eager to share info about places to visit in the region. First-time visitors can download a $20 discount voucher from the 49er RV Ranch web site. The ranch itself is a little tricky to find, as the rural road extends directly away from the state park and is a block off the main road through Columbia. The ranch includes both permanent sites for mobile homes and a central area near the front entrance with pads for overnight or short-term RV visitors. All sites include full electrical, water, sewer, and cable TV hookups and free WiFi access. The on-site store can meet most guests' needs for picnic supplies and sundries, including -- in my case -- a replacement toothbrush. You can also fill your propane tanks on-site. NOTE: Be careful not to depend solely on your GPS if you're pulling a travel trailer when traveling in this part of the Sierra foothills, as the most direct route from Point A to Point B may not be appropriate for pulling a trailer. "Traveling the world one meal at a time..."

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DSteveCA

Steve, Thank you for the feedback on the 49er RV Ranch, you were a great guest we welcome you back and we are looking forward to your next visit.
Chuck
Ranch Foreman

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed here with Family and Friends,had alot of fun.Thanksgiving Dinner was awsome,all the different dishes,so so good.Thanks to all the people that helped organize this event.The Christmas Parade in Sonora was great.The entire stay was alot of fun,and we already booked for next year.Hats off to the 49er RV Ranch.
The Borba's