“Will never return”
Review of Blue Nile Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Blue Nile Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Columbia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at The Blue Nile as the last leg of our honeymoon. We were looking forward to the friendly welcoming reception I've always found at other B & Bs, but found none of that at this inn. Upon arrival my husband was lead directly back outside to wipe his feet again, as the innkeeper said shoes such as his track in too much stuff (my husband had on athletic shoes and they were completely dry). We were then summoned into the living room, which was devoid of any personal touches customary in a B & B. We were only shown our room after payment was collected on the second night. This perplexed us (they had our credit card number) until we realized that guests used to most B & Bs would probably opt out of the second night. I know we would have had we not paid, and even then we were tempted to "cut our losses."

Rules abound at The Blue Nile. You can only contact the innkeepers by calling them on the phone or ringing the doorbell, even if you hear them in the next room. You must ring the bell when you leave to let them know you'll be out for a while. There are restrictions on which wash rags you can use for what. We were told repeatedly that they do not have a clean-your-plate rule, so we were permitted to leave food if we didn't want to eat it. (Excuse me?!? Am I four?!?)

When sitting in the living room after being out for the day, one of the innkeepers passed by and saw us. She looked away and kept moving back into the "private" portion of the house without so much as a nod. When we decided to walk around the wrap-around-porch, we discovered it had been blocked off with potted plants. Neither of these two things would have ever happened at any other B & B we've stayed at, and are examples of why we won't return to The Blue Nile.

The facilities are clean, the breakfast was decent . . . but I did not get the B & B experience I was looking for. I wanted to feel like a welcome guest in someone's home, not an annoyance to the hosts.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank sassycook
Reviewed 24 January 2006

We stayed at the Blue Nile Inn 2 years ago and we still can't stop raving about it. The B&B is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Even before we arrived Ray had already made dinner reservations for us and had sent me a list of local attractions with their websites. He was so helpful and willing to make all the arrangements for us if need be. Once we arrived we were greeted by Ray with hot apple cider and some delicious cookies.

Blue Nile Inn is right in the heart of Columbia State Park only minutes away from the town. Some of the best dinning is only a few minutes walking distance.

Breakfast was INCREDIABLE!!!! I am a very picky eater and don't just eat anything. Some things that they served I would not normally eat but at the Blue Nile I couldn't get enough of it. Their baked apple was to die for. Their jalapeno quiche was also scrumptous.

We tell all of our friends that this place is a must. We look forward to going back. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant and warm. We really did feel like a part of your family.

• Stayed: February 2003
2  Thank flower1126
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
Bradford Place Inn and Gardens
Sonora Inn
Sonora Inn
#4 of 8 in Sonora

Been to Blue Nile Inn? Share your experiences!