“Great service, clean room”
Review of Columbia Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Columbia
Columbia Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Columbia
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Great service, clean room”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was there September 2012 and received great service and a warm welcome. I stayed for a week and am glad I did. Walking distance to historic Columbia, I journeyed into town daily. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here 4 years ago, and was just ok. This visit was much better. It was clean, a larger bed, refrig and microwave in the room. AND NO ANTS, BUGS THIS TIME!! This is just around the corner from Columbia State Park and that's why we stay there. Mangement was friendly this time. I would recommend this place as a place to go to Columbia State Park and close to Highway 49 for more adventures.

this room was clean, clean, clean and no bugs!! Would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgiana B
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My name is George Unsworth. I come over from Marin County once a year for the Celtic faire and stay in local motels. last year we stayed here and were very displeased but the motel is close (within walking distance) from our family so this year came back for convenance and what a pleasent surprise!!! clean clean clean redecorated new everthing the old is gone and the new is in the new owners are very very nice helpful kind and helpful. As a disabled Viet vet I need help and they certainly go above and beyond their duty.
may God bless them and I give my highest recomendations
George E Unsworth

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank george u
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The little wife and I have stayed here several times over the last 30 years. Now under new management, this little motel has suffered in the past from indifferent managers. Not anymore.

The place has undergone a nice renovation and it seemed, had new beds installed. The room had a full sized coffee maker and a microwave oven. Yes, the pool is still covered. But we never swim anyway.

The new managers were very friendly and attentive and offered us Danish and candy to enjoy in our room. The motel itself is very, very close to Columbia state park and is therefore an excellent choice for this destination. We will come back here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Columbiacruisers
San Jose, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at this sub-par dump in early July, 2011.

In one word, the place was filthy--filthy to the point that I had concerns for my health and the health of my family. There were fragments of dried nasal mucus (boogers) on the wall, peanuts and other chunks of food on the floor. The carpet was in need of changing. The fan in the bathroom did not work, so that the humidity could not escape from the bathroom. I could not get the refrigerator to work. The place smelled and looked literally unsanitary. As soon as we arrived, I pointed out to the owner's daughter that there was human excrement at the bottom of the toilet. She saw it, but said, "No, it is just a rust stain". But then she flushed the toilet and the "rust stain" went away. She said, "There, it is gone". (That's how bad their level of "cleaning" is!!!) My wife and I went into town to buy toilet cleaner and Lysol. We cleaned the entire bathroom ourselves. To me, there is never an excuse for this level of filth. I realize I was not staying at the Ritz, but I always expect my hotels/motels to at least appear to be sanitary. I don't mind that so many things in our room did not work, nor that the only two vending machines outside did not work either, nor that the pool was closed down by the health inspector, nor that the sink had no stopper, but that the place was in need of a deep cleanse is concerning. The owner seemed friendly and seemed like an amiable, reasonable human being, but we would never go back there again unless they replaced the carpets, cleaned the walls, got new wallpaper, cleaned the bathrooms, etc.

There is honestly more I can add here--like the shower curtain that was bandaged together (How much does a plastic shower-curtain cost?)--but there is only room for so much. I will say this, though. I should have noticed right from the start that the place was a dump when I saw the owner and his daughter. Their clothes were dirty and he was sleeping on an old, dirty couch with a completely-stained pillow with no pillow case. Who runs a business like this??? Stay away. Just read the other reviews, too. This place is the most horrible place I have ever stayed in.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Trevellikeaking
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 26 July 2011

After reading its reviews, we were somewhat apprehensive about our decision to stay here. What we found, however, was that in spite of problems (and there obviously were some, such as non-functioning soft drink and ice dispensers, swimming pool covered up, untended plants, etc.) the basics were fine. Our room was clean, the bed comfortable. We had air conditioning, tv, a phone. The owner was helpful and brought us an extra bed lamp so we could both read comfortably. We would stay here again. The price was certainly right!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbia, CA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My brother and family stayed at the Columbia Inn and were horrified. I felt so bad listening to their complaints.

It's an utterly trashy and disgusting motel that shouldn't be in business.

They had to move from the first room they were put in as it smelled like rotten carpet.

The 2nd room wasn't much better but since it was 9:00 at night and his wife and two small children had been driving for 6 hours, they bit the bullet and settled in.

The place was filthy! The bedspreads were old and looked like they hadn't been washed in years. They immediately tore them off the bed. They didn't take their socks off the entire time as the carpet was so dirty and nasty looking. My brother didn't encounter any bedbugs, but the thought of them in such a filthy place kept him tossing and turning all night.

The bathroom was old and "crusty" The knob to fill the bathtub was an old cabinet pull knob. Everything looked like it was pieced together to keep things from falling apart.

He paid $60.00 for the room plus tax and would have had better accommodations if they had slept in their car. They don't mind older hotels and have never minded staying at a Motel 6, but this place didn't even come close to any Motel 6, even in the worst cities.

The owners of The Columbia Inn place should be ashamed of themselves for keeping such a trashy hotel.

My brother was seriously questioning what kind of people the owners are or what kinds of personal problems they might have that keeps them from cleaning and fixing up the place a bit.

They could never get it up the standards of a Motel 6 in the worst part of a city though.

That's why I'm recommending it be torn down.

Room Tip: If you're drug user or