“Free parking - good for road trip. Might not ideal for family with kids”

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Commerce
Hong Kong
“Free parking - good for road trip. Might not ideal for family with kids”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Was looking for hotels in Los Angeles area for our road trip and realize most hotels in LA have hefty parking fees. So we end up at this casino hotel where free self-parking is available.

Location of this hotel is okay. It's right next to I-5 and it's easy to drive to most of the attractions in LA within an hour. There is a outlet mall right next to the hotel so shopping is no a problem. Staff is nice, rooms are big but the hotels itself is bit old.

One thing that make me think twice before staying here again is safety. Probably because it's a casino hotel, so there are people wandering around at the car park. I smell pot around the car park, and once got asked by a guy for change after I parked my car. But nothing too bad happen, just small nuisance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alan-hob
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear tripadvisor,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is lovely to hear you liked our location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. The ihg logo backed up this property. Daniel at front desk was a 5 star agent. I would definitely. Come back and recommend to my friends. He recommende a free shuttle to staples center for a country concert. He also canceled a dinner reservation and got us inlast minute at wofgang pucks even though we were disappointed. With food and service. He followed all the winning waysand as a paying guest thats priority 1 to me

• Stayed February 2014
Jeddah
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel in July 2010 for our honeymoon. Overall was a good hotel centralized in the middle of LA where all attractions are just a drive or distance away from you. Very friendly service and easy to access from highway. A good place also for those who like to try thier luck in the Casino.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fontana, California
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I had planned to spend our 10 year anniversary at this hotel as we had received spa certificates as a gift. A resrvation was made, confirmed by email, and my debit card was charged only to be told upon check in that they could not accomodate us and that the hotel was sold out! Are you kidding me? I aksed to speak to the manager Rodney Nevels. He was unhelpful, unapologetic, unprofessional and acted as though he was being inconvenced in some way. He could not provide a explanation on how something like this could have happen. He did not understand our situation as we traveled a considerable distance to get to this hotel. I will forever remeber this horrible experience as we were looking forward to relaxing on our anniversary. Needless to say we cancelled our spa and dinner reservations and returned home despite the fact we had wasted valuable time, gas, energy and efforts as we live in Fontana.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tiffany J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Tiffany J,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed for 2 days this past weekend, wanting only to use the hotel portion since I got a good rate. I had no interest in gambling. Lets start with the Pro's -
1) Friendly staff. Security and a Room Attd knocked on my door at 2 AM by mistake (room 505) however they apologized plenty so I wasnt too mad.
2) Room was outdated but bed was comfortable and good shower. Nice TV.

Now the Cons-
1) Parking is a nightmare. If you do not want to valet be ready to walk a quarter mile across the lot around tightly parked cars with your luggage dodging other moving cars trying to look for parking in the darkness. Why dont they have a separate closer lot for "Hotel Guests" who dont wish to valet each day?
2) They bolted the Iron to the Ironing board, that too so close to the wide side of the board so I could not iron my clothes properly on the narrow end. Plus that makes me feel its not a safe environment if they are afraid of losing their Irons.
3) Glad to see the Starbucks in the room but unfortunately the sugar/cream packets do not include a stirrer. How am I supposed to stir the coffee with out it?

Overall, its fine for gambling but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DeeNyC85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear DeeNyC85,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the hotel layout prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Purley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is actually very nice. There are so many good points to these hotel.
1. It is very reasonable for evening
2. Rooms are big too with fridge, microwave and large bathroom
3. Restaurants inside and casino
4. Valet parking for guests is $2 dollars. For not being Vegas, this is laughable. I paid them more than that each time because I thought it was too low a charge. Those who said the self parking is great are being too cheap as self parking is in the back and a 3 minute walk! Give these guys your car.
5. Free wifi and good wifi too.

This was a short stay to transition between leaving and being in LA. It's just outside with a little freeway drive. Getting out of the hotel is great as it's all right turns which means I don't have to stop at lights.
The presentation of the lobby is pretty too with Egyptian pillar design and the front desk staff are very helpful indeed. Giovanni was a pleasure to deal with so thanks a lot to him.
The rooms are on 9 floors. I stayed on the fifth. The rooms even for not being a suite for the price paid had a couple sofa chairs in there, desk, stand up lamps etc. I like that Americans include coffee machines inside the room too. Options options.
This hotel feels like it belongs in Vegas more so than LA. It is what you would expect and more from a main Stream hotel. Here are what I think are the only bad parts.

1. No slot machines in casino
2. The business "center" has one PC. Have two ate least!

But with these two things in mind I didn't really care. I had an ipad with wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for a week while going to the Rose Bowl. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and had above average bedding. The bathroom was also very clean with above average towels. The parking was free or you could use valet parking for $5.00 per day. My only complaint was there was not enough restaurant choices. Except for one Chinese restaurant there was only a small grill that had limited choices for breakfast and dinner. The hotel is located about a five minute drive from the metro where there is amble free parking and you can go almost anywhere you like on the metro instead of fighting the traffic. I found the staff to be extremely helpful with anything we might need. One time we got lost and we called the front desk and they gave us directions back to the hotel. This is a casino however there are no slot machines.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino
#1 of 3 in Bell Gardens
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino? Share your experiences!