“Good ribs, skip the brisket”
Review of Bludso's BBQ - CLOSED

Bludso's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good ribs, skip the brisket”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The (pork) ribs were smoky and quite delicious. Plenty of meat on them and the sauce is fantastic. The brisket was disappointing. Really really fatty and had that leftover beef taste. The coleslaw was creamy and had a kick to it. Baked beans were good, not great, but the Sweet potato pie was one of the best I've had.Fairly fast service if the line us not too long. To-Go only, no seating, so take it home or to the park.

• Visited June 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Authentic southern food”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Drove out specially to compton to try this. Heard some things about compton that made me slightly wary to come here, in the daytime its pretty safe and the ppl are friendly. Theres no seating area so you come and take it away. As for us, we just out at the front where our car was parked. The bbq sauce had a kick to it and indeed very tasty. We had the 3 meat sampler between two of us, and even that was too much food. Recommend the ribs, and been brisket. Def a place to try at least once.

• Visited March 2013
Compton, California
“Great Hole in the wall”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Love this place! For take out only. Nowhere to sit. But the best Texas style BBQ anywhere! Try the Texas Sampler. Best Brisket I've ever had!

Visited February 2013
Norwalk, California
“Heard from the Hoodie Award”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

It was too small of a place to do business for the amount of people that come for the food. But the meat is out of this world.

Visited September 2012
Long Beach, California
“Absolutely the Best”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I live 20 miles away and this is where I get my barbeque! Funny story... one day I went there for lunch and trying to find a park, I noticed the firemen and emergency crew taking up all the spaces. I wondered what had happened and being nosy, I parked across the street and went over there. LOL, they were there picking up their lunches too! So everyone who knows barbeque knows Bludsoe's is the best. When I am finished there is nothing left on my plate, the sauce is sopped, the food eaten and the bones drier than any bones left in the desert. That's the truth! The place is tiny and there is no room to hang out. It barely holds three or four people at a time so the line is usually out the door. That is how I happened to see all the emergency crew that day...

• Visited September 2012