“Fun Day in the Sun Waterworld!!!!”

Waterworld California
Ranked #6 of 22 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Owner description: Waterworld is located less than 30 minutes east of San Francisco in Concord, Calif., Northern California's biggest and best water park experience with more than 30 world-class waterslides and attractions. From the region's largest wave pool and longest lazy river to heart-pounding waterslides and kid-friendly water adventures, there's something for every member of the family to enjoy. Private poolside cabanas are also available for daily rental making Waterworld California the perfect family vacation location that's affordable and close to home.
Bay Point, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun Day in the Sun Waterworld!!!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Bought the season pass at the end of last year which took us over the the whole season this year. For the price of 2 trips we bought season passes, What a great deal!! We could go as many times as we wanted. Just pay for parking about 10 bucks a day and lazy river here we come! First we did all the scarry rides and yes my 8 yr old grand daughter did get a little teary eyed on the big water side that went inside the tube. I was not thrilled about going on it, but she wanted to. So we did and it was a little much for her. Then she wanted to go on the the huge U shaped big drop thing. We saw kids carrying their tubes back down the stairs as they changed their mind once they got to the top. I made her go first as there was no way I was going to go first if she chickened out. Dog gone it. She did not chicken out so grandma had to go. I guess if I didn't have a heart attack doing that I have a good heart. She liked it and I only did it cause I wanted her to be proud of me. But I didn't like it. I like lazy river and the wave pool. I could stay there FOREVER!!!! The park is kept clean and safe and we observed staff putting a real looking baby doll into the lazy river to test the employees awareness. I was impressed with the responses I saw. Seems really well run and they have plenty of bathrooms and shower areas for showering off after being in the treated water all day. We went many times over the summer and loved it. Will probably always be a season pass holder even though I live with a swimming pool. Still like lazy river and people watching. LOVE IT!!!!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank takeme2vallarta

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Watched the park security yell at a family today. Not sure what was happening but you should NEVER represent yourself that way when you work for a company. The security guards name is Jake and his behavior was appalling!

Visited September 2013
10 Thank Shannongllw
Concord, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun but crowded”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We got there just a little after it opened and already all the chairs were taken. We didn't actually go on alny waterslides but enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river. We felt it was alittle expensive for what it was.

3 Thank stagemom1
Concord, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Affordable fun!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is THE place to be during hot summer months. It's fun, safe and affordable. This is a nice park where every family member is sure to have a great time. I highly recommend Waterworld for anyone who loves water fun.

2 Thank Faith W
northern california
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It's a Great escape from the heat”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

They have some Good attractions, staff is helpful, (remember they are young summer help) and the facility is well maintained.
This is a place for the family, Parents this is not a daycare! You should bring your kids, Not drop them off please.

1 Thank MARK H