“It's good for what it is”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sugar Plum Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Concord
Concord, CA
“It's good for what it is”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I would have preferred a choice between good and very good, rather than average. Some things about this place are very good - their pancakes are large and tasty, the service is friendly and responsive, and the food comes quickly. The coffee (I drink de-caff) is the old icky de-caff, and the eggs were cooked the way I liked them but greasy; the hash-browns the standard frozen kind, also kind of greasy, but also crisp and golden. So, over all, you could definitely do worse.

Visited February 2012

Pinole
“Great Place for a Nice Meal”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Great place for a nice meal. Services is always quick for lunch and great burgers. Enjoy.................

Visited September 2012
“We had a wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

@@@@Great place for a great value!!!The service was great and the food was hot!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st and only trip”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I had heard about the Sugar Plum Coffee Shop from people whose opinion I value but not so much anymore! The service was very "down home" which I appreciated but I questioned the cleanliness of the restaurant. I ordered the breakfast skillet and my boyfriend had the pancakes, eggs and hashbrowns. The skillet looked good and it had country potatoes, eggs, cheese, sour cream and salsa on it. The potatoes were not seasoned, the cheese was not melted, the eggs were browned and the sour cream had a weird taste. The salsa was very good and I wish they had put more of it on the skillet. I didn't finish it and the waitress noticed and said, "Oh, you didn't like your skillet." I just said I was full. I tasted the pancakes and they were a little salty. Everything else looked decent but I knew that this would be our last trip to this establishment.

• Visited December 2011