“The staff of this place should not be in the service industry”

Studio 6 Concord CA
Ranked #1 of 1 Concord B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent one night in Concord...the night before one of the most important job interviews of my life. I arrived around 10 PM. As we pulled into the parking lot, the taxi driver warned me that there are problems with robbery in this location and to keep my doors locked at all times. At check-in I was assigned a room on the second floor, facing the busy four-lane street. While the room was fairly clean, the security locks on the doors had been broken, leaving nothing between me and anyone with a room key. The television didn't work either. My greatest problem, however, was the road noise that was so loud that it interrupted my phone conversations. Concerned about the quality of my sleep, I went to the reception desk and expressed my need for both security and peace. The tall, heavyset man (whose name I could never gain) conveyed an attitude of combative indifference, even though I was being calm and reasonable. Given the hour, I had no choice but to tough it out. Unfortunately, even with earplugs, I got little sleep and was immensely tired for my interview as a result. The morning receptionist was completely unsympathetic as well. It almost seemed like a joke to him. I would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to sleep....and Motel 6 would be well advised to discontinue their association with this business. The two people with whom I interacted are more interested in exploitation and profit than providing a good service.

Room Tip: Go to the nearby America's Best hotel. All-around better facility....at a better price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ralanwyman

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We got a spacious room with very stylish Euro-modern decor (significantly more upscale than the usual Motel 6) for less money than non-extended-stay rooms in the area: Pergo-style hardwood floors, vessel-style lavatory sink, very good lighting, stainless steel appliances (microwave, cooktop, fridge/freezer), attractive landscape plants outdoors, and a balcony overlooking the parking lot. On the other hand, while the room had evidently been remodeled not too long ago, the building itself (an old notice on a door suggested that it was once a Comfort Inn) showed some deferred maintenance: the tub/shower enclosure was peeling, the sliding glass door to the balcony wouldn't lock or unlock unless I lifted it out of its track, the tile floor of the elevator had been repaired clumsily with staples, the coin-op dryer looked like someone had attacked it with a crowbar, and there was a strange wooden false front on the roof atop the third floor with heavily weathered paint. The detergent vending machine in the laundry looked like it had sported an "out of order" sign for a long time.

The large flat-screen TV got zillions of channels. Wi-fi was free but occasionally so slow as to be unusable.

Grocery, drug store, convenience stores, fast food, and a Mexican restaurant are within a few blocks to the northeast. A shopping mall is located at the I-680 interchange a little further away to the southwest, and even more shopping is available on the far side of the interchange.

The kitchen cabinets were bare when we arrived, but shortly afterward a housekeeper arrived with what I assume is the standard set of utensils: fry pan, saucepan, 2 flat plates, 2 sets of knife/fork/spoon, washcloth, dish towel, soap dispenser with 1 inch of soap, 2 serving bowls, spatula, serving spoon. No cups or drinking glasses, so you have to use the non-microwave-safe disposable ones provided with the ice bucket and coffee maker. And no individual bowls, so you have to use the big serving bowls if you want soup or cereal. I think they're still figuring out how to make "extended stay" work. The web site for Studio 6 in general suggests you get daily housekeeping only if you don't get a discount for staying at least 7 days: this particular establishment gave us daily housekeeping and didn't appear to offer that discount.

Room Tip: They told us that you have to book a two-bed room if you want to face away from the busy noisy stree...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bicycledude
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is an older motel that has been nicely updated. I love the hardwood floors! The rooms have a regular size frig, freezer and full sized microwave and stove top. If you need cookware they will provide it for you if you ask. We have stayed here on four different occasions and have always been greeted by friendly,helpful staff. We had an issue with our room one time and they promptly addressed it and put us in another room. Although the motel is older and could use some more improvements ( sprucing up the side entrance,and replacing the older mattresses) this is still a good value for the money and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I like the 2 room suite vs the one room, it just feels more like an apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaye D
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Concord Inn & Suites aka Studio 6 in Concord is a terrific value for your money. The staff was very helpful, polite, and approachable. They were quick to address any need or concern I may have had, and always quickly. It's your own spacious studio apartment which is tastefully done in a clean, minimalist-modern design, including hard-wood floor, modern fixtures and colors, and a sliding glass door that opens onto a comfortably-sized covered balcony. The bed was very comfortable, the television screen large, and the overall space very-well laid out. I stayed here for one very comfortable and productive month. Just north about 1/3 mi is a Safeway; Starbucks is a mile south, and Whole Foods Market is a quick trip away on I-680. There is a BART station apprx. 2 miles in either direction and a bus stops right out front to take you there for $2.

Room Tip: I recommend you choose a room facing away from the main road, though the noise level was minimal and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Satori2011
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Rooms are large,nice hardwood floors (easier to keep clean},flat screen TV, separate bathroom and walk in closet. I come here often and each time Im treated as if it were my first visit. In regards to the reviews that mention getting smoking rooms when they made reservations for a non smoking room....i have never had this problem. I will continue coming here....

Room Tip: Higher floors have no above unit noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank abrat4u
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This hotel was misportrayed on the website. This is my first time coming to California as a family, and I wanted this experience to be unforgettable. Well, it is. Unfortunately, I arrived to the Concord Inn at night and did not see any clear enterance. After checking in, my family went up to our 2nd floor room through an old steel door from the side of the hotel. We expected to see a modern kitchen, clean rooms, and everything that had been advertised on their website. I am exponentially disappointed. The bedsheets had stains and cigarette burns. The kitchen had no utensils or cookware. The iron board had holes and burns. The balcony was small and rusted with a concrete floor. The hallways smell of cigarettes and inscence. One of the electrical plugs did not have a wallplate, which could have been very dangerous for my kids. I do not recommend you stay here. Spend the money at another hotel. The sole advantage of this hotel was the price and the park down the street.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ratuki
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We had 2 choices of hotels to stay in for a family reunion but went with this because other family had decided to stay at this one. We had 2 rooms. Ours was in the front. Horrendously noisy--take earplugs! The bed was in bad need of being replaced. We requested a 2 hour delay for checkout and were first told that was not possible but when we balked they finally ok'd it. Funny the parking lot was empty! But despite getting approved and trying to sleep in, the maid came barging in at 11:05!
As for their breakfast bar, just skip it. Nasty! Even the orange juice was bad. Suffice it to say, this will be my last visit to a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank empalmer52