“Great Hotel, Great Price”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Walnut Creek but there prices have gone thru the roof so I decided to try the Clarion instead. Very nice upgraded rooms. Beautiful Lobby. The only thing that could have been better was the Fitness Center. The machines are in need of upgrading and I don't believe the room was cleaned everyday.
Very quiet, as well, even though it was right off of 680.

Room Tip: If you take the 2nd Floor in the Tower be aware that the outside light "uplight" meaning e...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Although this hotel is right next to the 680 freeway, negotiating getting to & from the freeway to the hotel may require some GPS assistance since the on/off ramps are a bit strange. But it will be worth it since the neighborhood is pleasant, with numerous restaurants and shops, and the hotel is spacious, clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and varied.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

While I have never stayed at a Clarion I am always up for new experiences. The hotel itself is like most hotels, however, this one has a very attractive entrance and nice lobby as you enter. The staff was friendly and accommodating and was quick and efficient. The hotel is in a decent area and just minutes from various restaurants (by car) and was better than I expected. The rooms were spacious, clean and you are provided what you need in a three star hotel. The bathroom is a little dated, however, overall it was quite acceptable. Additionally, the breakfast was good as breakfasts go as it was hot and tasted good. The restaurant turns into a bar later in the evening if you need a drink or conversation. Overall, I would return here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Travelsalot411
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am completely shocked by those who wrote good comments based on my experience. This was my night. The heater did not work in the first room I was given. I went to call the front desk but couldn't because the phone did not work. After being given a second room I went to sleep only to wake up the next morning with no hot water to take a shower. The sink faucet worked but the shower water was less than warm. I was given the option use another room to bathe but decided not to use a third room to complete my stay. Since then, 4 days, I have spoke to the front desk once and called three times to speak to a manager and have heard nothing in return. The only information I have received is conformation on my bank statement that I have been charged $90 for this experience. I strongly discourage anybody from making the same mistake I did.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Our stay was in the building behind the entryway and lobby that is just off the street. This is a good value and a comfortable, spacious room. The rooms all have interior hallways in this building, and the bathrooms are nice as well. We were in town to meet with family for an evening, and found this location and facility to be very nice. We did not have breakfast there as we met with family at a nearby restaurant.

Room Tip: We found the back building very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am in law enforcement and the moment I walked in the room where I was supposed to stay, I noticed about 8 black stains in the carpet, the blinds were dirty and broken, the phone was broken and sticky. I re-contacted the front desk and told them the room was disgusting and they immediately moved me. They moved me to the inner part of the hotel...this is the part to stay in (NOT THE OUTSIDE ROOMS WHERE YOUR DOOR OPENS UP TO A WALKING BALCONY). The second room was much better, but I would still only rate it 2 starts. The breakfast was good, but overall, I DEFINITELY would NEVER stay here again. Walls are thin and you can hear everything your neighbor is doing...Oh and the fitness center treadmill would always turn off in the middle of your workout!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for six nights in November 2013 -
This was probably the best $70 a night hotel I've ever stayed in - why? - I would never have chosen this hotel but it was close to the areas we needed and it had a restaurant/bar.

The rooms are older and if you can get by the slamming doors by the neighboring rooms - really?....and the guy's annoying alarm in the next room (who uses an alarm clock anymore - hello - cell phone).

We had a room in the tower, the others are more motel-type with an exterior door. We had a nice view of the hills (6th foor) and the little airport - was not an issue. The bed was extremely comfortable!! Probably why the guy next door couldn't wake up.

The TV a bit small for our liking - 30". Nice corner chair with ottoman and desk! Shower was also hot and great water pressure!

The restaurant offered bar food (wings, dips, etc) and was just fine. They offer a hot breakfast buffet each morning without a charge - always available: scrambled eggs and lots of meat, pastries, dry cereal, coffee and juice, canned fruit and dannon yogurt.

Because of our long-term needs - my husband was there for 3 weeks - they gave us a small refrigerator to use. I was very impressed with the customer service but not so much with the business center which is in the lobby next to a dirty coffee hutch which is highly used (always out of coffee) with extremely slow PCs.

The in-room internet was lightening fast - very impressed - the Marriott could learn something.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 6th floor - corner room - away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PalmBeacher06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Pleasant Hill Inn
Pleasant Hill Inn
#4 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!