“Dump Alert”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Concord, California
“Dump Alert”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This really is two hotels, one very old section on the side close to the freeway, and a newer section, beside it. The section next the freeway is a dump and needs to be torn down. The newer section is a shakey two star. My wife and I spent five nights in this hotel in February. The first night in the old section in a room that reminded us of a run down Motel 6. The other four nights were in the newer section. That room wasn't too bad. The free breakfast is ok, but the coffee tasted like it was recycled from one of yesterday's meeting rooms. The ratings below refer to the newer section. The old section is dump!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Walnut Creek but there prices have gone thru the roof so I decided to try the Clarion instead. Very nice upgraded rooms. Beautiful Lobby. The only thing that could have been better was the Fitness Center. The machines are in need of upgrading and I don't believe the room was cleaned everyday.
Very quiet, as well, even though it was right off of 680.

Room Tip: If you take the 2nd Floor in the Tower be aware that the outside light "uplight" meaning e...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Although this hotel is right next to the 680 freeway, negotiating getting to & from the freeway to the hotel may require some GPS assistance since the on/off ramps are a bit strange. But it will be worth it since the neighborhood is pleasant, with numerous restaurants and shops, and the hotel is spacious, clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and varied.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 17 January 2014

While I have never stayed at a Clarion I am always up for new experiences. The hotel itself is like most hotels, however, this one has a very attractive entrance and nice lobby as you enter. The staff was friendly and accommodating and was quick and efficient. The hotel is in a decent area and just minutes from various restaurants (by car) and was better than I expected. The rooms were spacious, clean and you are provided what you need in a three star hotel. The bathroom is a little dated, however, overall it was quite acceptable. Additionally, the breakfast was good as breakfasts go as it was hot and tasted good. The restaurant turns into a bar later in the evening if you need a drink or conversation. Overall, I would return here in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Travelsalot411
Redding, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am completely shocked by those who wrote good comments based on my experience. This was my night. The heater did not work in the first room I was given. I went to call the front desk but couldn't because the phone did not work. After being given a second room I went to sleep only to wake up the next morning with no hot water to take a shower. The sink faucet worked but the shower water was less than warm. I was given the option use another room to bathe but decided not to use a third room to complete my stay. Since then, 4 days, I have spoke to the front desk once and called three times to speak to a manager and have heard nothing in return. The only information I have received is conformation on my bank statement that I have been charged $90 for this experience. I strongly discourage anybody from making the same mistake I did.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Hemet
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Our stay was in the building behind the entryway and lobby that is just off the street. This is a good value and a comfortable, spacious room. The rooms all have interior hallways in this building, and the bathrooms are nice as well. We were in town to meet with family for an evening, and found this location and facility to be very nice. We did not have breakfast there as we met with family at a nearby restaurant.

Room Tip: We found the back building very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Concord
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am in law enforcement and the moment I walked in the room where I was supposed to stay, I noticed about 8 black stains in the carpet, the blinds were dirty and broken, the phone was broken and sticky. I re-contacted the front desk and told them the room was disgusting and they immediately moved me. They moved me to the inner part of the hotel...this is the part to stay in (NOT THE OUTSIDE ROOMS WHERE YOUR DOOR OPENS UP TO A WALKING BALCONY). The second room was much better, but I would still only rate it 2 starts. The breakfast was good, but overall, I DEFINITELY would NEVER stay here again. Walls are thin and you can hear everything your neighbor is doing...Oh and the fitness center treadmill would always turn off in the middle of your workout!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Liz M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Pleasant Hill Inn
Pleasant Hill Inn
#4 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!