Clarion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Premier Inns(Concord)
  • Pool
Pleasant Hill Inn(Pleasant Hill)
View Hotel
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This really is two hotels, one very old section on the side close to the freeway, and a newer section, beside it. The section next the freeway is a dump and needs to be torn down. The newer section is a shakey two star. My wife and I spent five nights in this hotel in February. The first night in the old section in a room that reminded us of a run down Motel 6. The other four nights were in the newer section. That room wasn't too bad. The free breakfast is ok, but the coffee tasted like it was recycled from one of yesterday's meeting rooms. The ratings below refer to the newer section. The old section is dump!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Walnut Creek but there prices have gone thru the roof so I decided to try the Clarion instead. Very nice upgraded rooms. Beautiful Lobby. The only thing that could have been better was the Fitness Center. The machines are in need of upgrading and I don't believe the room was cleaned everyday.
Very quiet, as well, even though it was right off of 680.

Room Tip: If you take the 2nd Floor in the Tower be aware that the outside light "uplight" meaning even though you use the blackout curtains, lots of light gets around the curtains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Although this hotel is right next to the 680 freeway, negotiating getting to & from the freeway to the hotel may require some GPS assistance since the on/off ramps are a bit strange. But it will be worth it since the neighborhood is pleasant, with numerous restaurants and shops, and the hotel is spacious, clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and varied.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

While I have never stayed at a Clarion I am always up for new experiences. The hotel itself is like most hotels, however, this one has a very attractive entrance and nice lobby as you enter. The staff was friendly and accommodating and was quick and efficient. The hotel is in a decent area and just minutes from various restaurants (by car) and was better than I expected. The rooms were spacious, clean and you are provided what you need in a three star hotel. The bathroom is a little dated, however, overall it was quite acceptable. Additionally, the breakfast was good as breakfasts go as it was hot and tasted good. The restaurant turns into a bar later in the evening if you need a drink or conversation. Overall, I would return here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Travelsalot411
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am completely shocked by those who wrote good comments based on my experience. This was my night. The heater did not work in the first room I was given. I went to call the front desk but couldn't because the phone did not work. After being given a second room I went to sleep only to wake up the next morning with no hot water to take a shower. The sink faucet worked but the shower water was less than warm. I was given the option use another room to bathe but decided not to use a third room to complete my stay. Since then, 4 days, I have spoke to the front desk once and called three times to speak to a manager and have heard nothing in return. The only information I have received is conformation on my bank statement that I have been charged $90 for this experience. I strongly discourage anybody from making the same mistake I did.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family