“Excellent food and great service”
Review of DJ's Bistro

DJ's Bistro
Ranked #8 of 320 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Czech, Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Willow Pass Rd.
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Food was excellent and unique. Atmosphere was fun. Service was great. We had dinner here with friends while in the Bay area. Have never had this type of food before and was pleasantly surprised. Will return when in the area again.

1  Thank Gerry1122
There are newer reviews for DJ's Bistro

Reviewed 24 May 2013

What a refreshing place. A small place with big taste!!! We were meeting family members who lives nearby who recommended DJs. Who can go wrong with a local recommendation!!! DJs had excellent service and the ambiance of a Guesthaus in NorCal. The food was the best I have had since my Germany days. My wife had the small Jagerschnitzel and I had the large. The small would have been plenty. It came with great crusty spaetzel and equally great red cabbage!!! Our relative had equally good goulash!!! Cant recommend Djs enough if you want a great German experience.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Most people think of europe of offering just Italian & French food. But some of the best food comes from central and eastern europe. And DJ's does it right. This place offers home style, rustic food in hearty portions. This place is a great value with a fantastic selection of beers.

2  Thank MickD415
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have eaten at DJ's for lunch on at least a dozen occasions. I recently went there for dinner. You can't go wrong with the Jaegerschnitzel or the Hungarian Goulash. I was not as pleased with the Sauerbraten I had on this occasion.

Their bread is well above average and goes nicely with their beer selections. Their wine selections are sad. It would be nice if they had a single good Riesling. The service is OK, but not great. I'd give it 2 stars. All three waitresses i've been served by were very distant and in no way welcoming.

1  Thank Joel R
Reviewed 1 October 2012

If you're looking for something different, then be sure to try DJ's Bistro in Concord. I took my son for an early dinner after a soccer game in the area. The food is Eastern European, although they were out of dumplings (a staple) at the time of our visit. The food was quite good and plentiful. The greatest negative was that the one waitress was not friendly, but did bring the food. Had the service been equal to the taste of the food, the overall score would have been MUCH higher.

1  Thank Charles V