“Meat is great, staff not so.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Hercules, California
“Meat is great, staff not so.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hi gang,
This is actually for the Kinder's in Hercules, Ca. Been there many times with satisfaction. The Mrs. asked a ball tip sammie (always a fav) and I opted for a combo plate. Counter person wrote down our order and proceeded to fill our request. The meat choices are ribs, ball tip and chicken. They were out if chicken (???) so I doubled up on the ribs. The Mrs. asked for a plain sammie, no lettuce, tomatoes or otherwise preferring instead to use the house BBQ sauce (very good). When we got home lip-smacking and looking forward to our dinner, the Mrs. Noticed her sammie was loaded with everything much to her dismay and it totally disappointed her. My order was fine. It was a 5 mi drive to Kinder's so not worth the gas to drive 10 mi to make it right. The ball tip is always fresh and tasty and the ribs are second to none with a very good rub applied. We love the food but it's frustrating to have to wait and even AFTER writing down our order, they still got it wrong.
Best advice is to make sure they get it right and check before you leave especially if you have a long drive home.
The food is highly recommended at any of Kinder's locations.
Rich

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“No bang for your buck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The last 2 times I visited they skimped on the meat that went in my sandwich. I'd rather go to Dickie's which is just right around the corner.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 925matt
Los Angeles
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The tri tip sandwich I had was not very flavorful and the meat was kind of chewy. I tried to use the barbecue saucy to give it some flavor but the sauce tasted like it came out of a bottle. Nothing really special at all.

Bay Point, California
“Kind of addictive BBQ Beef Sandwhich and Tequila Fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Actually it is the Ball tip sandwich that I order and I add the BBQ sauce from the squeeze bottle sitting on the tables. It's more of a take out joint or deli with tables. But I love the tequila fries with their special dipping sauce. Kinda tastes like mayonaise with BBQ sauce added but better. Also I cannot finish the sandwhich it is so big or the fries. So there is enough leftover for a 2nd meal. Hafta go maybe once a month. Just writing about it makes me want to go back. There is something really addictive about the fresh Hoaggie rolls, good meat, BBQ sauce and fries. Good place to stop for lunch after checking out the TJ Maxx up the road.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Antioch,Ca.
“Great sandwichs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Fast, friendly service and there sandwichs are real good. They use a indoor smoker on there meats. I always stop when I find one in the area.

• Visited September 2013