“Don't waste time anywhere else! If you want authentic Mexican food, JUST COME HERE!”

La Tapatia Mexican Restaurant and Cantina
Ranked #97 of 322 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Tapatia Mexican Restaurant and Cantina in Concord. We are located at 1802 Willow Pass Rd., Concord, CA 9452. Please join us Sunday -Thursday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM and Friday & Saturday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM. It's a great place to bring family and friends. La Tapatia Mexican Restaurant and Cantina in Concord was Voted "Best Mexican Restaurant" 4 Years In A Row by the Contra Costa Times and KRON 4 "Best of the Bay" 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016! For over 20 years and now under new ownership, La Tapatia Restaurants has and will continue to provided the San Francisco Bay Area with the finest Mexican Cuisine, Catering, Banquets and more. Our flavors of Authentic Jalisco Cuisine will keep you coming back for more. Our specialty dishes include our mouth watering "World Famous" Sizzling Fajitas and an array of seafood delights. Thirsty? Indulge yourself with one of our finest 100 Tequilas or try the La Tapatia 32oz Monster Margarita. All made with 100% Agave. La Tapatia Mexican Restaurant and Cantina in Concord is a great place to bring a loved one for their birthday.
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I have always loved this place! It's never let me down. As another reviewer mentioned, the bean dip (that is FREE!) that they start you off with is just fantastic. Red and green salsa come with (the green one is delightfully spicy!) the dip and chips and it's free refills on those. There's a nice selection of beer and liquor and it's not too steeply priced, as with the rest of the menu. I almost always stick to the taco plate, it's one of my favorites, but if you do come here don't be scared to try anything, you will not be dissapointed! And if you are, they fix the problem no questions asked. I can honestly say in the 15yrs plus that I've been coming here, I have had bad service maybe twice..and that was due to the fact that they were extremely busy and short staffed. Other than that they treat you like family, remember what you like and seem genuinely happy to see you. They even know me and my dads names and don't laugh at him when he tries to be cool and order in Spanish (he literally knows NO Spanish lol) Now that I'm living out of state, I really feel spoiled and can never find Mexican food that quite lives up to the quality at this place. I just had to come and review this place so others try it, it's so worth it!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This restaurant has been in Concord for over 30 years and it continues to be our favorite Mexican restaurant. Nice patio and atmosphere.
They also have one in Martinez with a beautifull banquet facility.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Oh my gosh...what a find! La Tapatia serves the best food! They start you off with FREE yummy warm bean dip, chips and two kinds of salsa's. The service fast and great! Food excellent! We had Fajitas (combo, chicken, shrimp, steak) WOW! Then we had a dessert called Molten Lava Cake! soooo good! definately be back! Also heard they have a restaurant in Martinez too!

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Great service! Love their chips and salsa! Food is always good and the price is right! Great normal mexican food that warms your heart among other parts...

2  Thank lucybob22
Reviewed 13 December 2007

Great food, great prices, and a cozy little setup.

1  Thank JustABit