“Generational Family Eater”

Concord, California
“Generational Family Eater”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Started eating at The Hicory Pit in Oakland on Telegraph Ave in 1950
with Mom & Dad on Thrus night "Dinner Out"

Concord, California
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great, non pretentious place to have lunch. Used to be able to get extra rib bones for my dogs as well but I am not sure whether they still do this.

Visited January 2012
Pleasant Hill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast at Barney's”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Barney's is open for breakfast on Fri, Sat and Sun. We have been going there often for breakfast. They have the best bacon and ham in the area. Since going on the Paleo diet we have given up potatoes and bread, so we order bacon, ham, eggs and fruit, or their omelets. The service is great, the food cooked properly. For an alternative to the packed places on the weekends in P-Hill, Concord and Walnut Creek, try Barney's.
I have been eating at Barney's off and on since 1963. I love their ribs and sauce. The menu and decor hasn't changed, and their food is consistently good.

• Visited April 2012
Concord, CA
“Don't know what people are thinking!”
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This is not bbq. When you think of bbq, you think of dry rub or a red type of sauce. The sauce here was a brown gravy, just horrible. Wife, kids, and I couldn't believe it. Went once, never returned.

3 Thank Mistergastronomic
Tennessee
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 25 June 2009

After living in the Concord area for over 25 years, I have been to Barney's many, many times. What keeps me coming back is their unbeatible barbeque sauce. I'm not a fan of the sweet red type, so when I found Barney's Hickory Pit it was love at first taste. I think they truly get what a sauce is supposed to be. Anyone can smoke ribs, but the sauce is what gives them that unique appeal. For the last seven years I've lived in the Memphis, Tn area,(barbeque capitol fo the world), and have not run across any sauce or dry rub that can even come close to matching their quality. On my next trip back to California I'll definitly be stopping by, and I'm hoping to bring some of that wonderful sauce home to spoil all my friends here. Thank you to Barney's.