“Good Working Class Sushi”

I Love Teriyaki & Sushi
Ranked #95 of 322 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stopped in for an evening meal with a business partner. This is a small shop, and fairly popular destination, so seating can be limited, but we found an empty table. I ordered the Combo Box (spicy chicken) that included nigiri, and my partner ordered Ole and David rolls. Service was quick and attentive. Not counting drinks, our meals were roughly $15 each.

My partner enjoyed his rolls, and generally, my combo box was OK, the one notable exception being that the battered / fried chicken was cooked within an inch of it's life and fairly tasteless (and not spicy) by the time it was assembled for me. Next time I'll stick to rolls or make sure I'm not ordering something that is fried.

Based on earlier better experiences I've had here (and discounting this one event), this is an acceptable sushi spot with reliable food, popular with locals, with reasonable pricing, and small enough that it's possible to have and hear a conversation.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Name says it all...
i don't know if its the teryiaki sauce, or the thin strips of beef...but so good. It's my "go-to" resturant when i don't want to cook.
Prices could be a little less, but definetely NOT expensive!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 22 May 2008

i love the small "mom and pop " shop feel to this place. food is great and prices are cheap!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I will NEVER go back.

I have had customer service challenges with this location in the past (ex. food not being ready when I arrive after ordering 30 min. prior), but now I am done.

This weekend the manager treated me like a thief.

Long story short -- When I arrived my bill was higher than expected. The third party who ordered with me hadn’t given me enough money. I paid my portion of the bill – IN CASH MIND YOU – asked if the third party’s food could be removed. I was told no (somewhat understandable). Told the man I would be right back and he tried to threaten me.

“Now, Nikkie, I know your phone number.” Continuing on to tell me not to skip out on the bill.

HELLO – I JUST GAVE YOU MY MONEY AND LEFT WITHOUT FOOD!!! I AM CLEARLY COMING BACK!!!

When I returned, I told him I didn’t appreciate his threat and that I would not be returning. He attempted to argue with me (and LIE) about how I TOLD HIM I would not be returning. HELLO – YOU HAD MY MONEY! Of course I was returning.

Anyhow – I won’t be returning. Their food is cool, but not worth poor service.

Look up others – sushi is all over Concord.

1  Thank Najasila
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Love Love Love this place! Great food, cheap prices, and they're quick too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook