“Great Place for Cazuela”

La Pinata 6 Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar
Ranked #18 of 334 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Pinata 6
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Ok. This spot is my go to for Mexican in downtown Concord. We really enjoy the chips and salsa and Jenny' Special. My son eats up the shrimp. Overall, if you want an above average mexican food experience then La Pinata is for you. In addition to Jenny's special, we recommend the Cazuela.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had dinner here with a colleague. My friend had the Camarones Y Bistec (Prawns & top sirloin strips cooked in ranchero salsa), and I had the Enchilada and Taco Combination. The margarita I had was "interesting," as in wasn't that good. The beer came in cans and bottles, and it would have been nice to get chilled glasses as well. Oh, I also had to ask for water..., twice. Food was good, service was lacking a bit, and wasn't even crowded. Uninspired dining experience. I might try it again to see if this was an anomaly.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Several of the La Pinata restaurants have a Sunday brunch buffet and this is my favorite of their restaurants for that buffet. I especially like the two varieties of chilaquiles. And they have a better selection of fresh fruit than their other restaurants' buffets.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Love that there are some original recipes - please treat yourself to the chile rellano! The tamales are very good as well. This is a great place to go for Happy Hour - lost of regulars go here and the deals are very good. The owners have a lot of pride and it shows. Best margaritas!

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my partner recently. I had a lovely burrito and she had a quesadilla. Both were splendid, although my one burned the roof of my mouth right off. As a Brit, I'm not used to all those spices, but it was brilliant and well worth the pain on that day, and the next day. Great price too and lovely deco. Staff were marvelous.