“Nice stay, very quite and staff was very friendly.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Concord

Americas Best Value Inn Concord
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Concord
“Nice stay, very quite and staff was very friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Me n my husband stay at this place every month, it is very quite at night. Also staff is very friendly all I have to call them to make a reservation and they knows what I want. Service is very good, I always get confused about TV but when I call the front desk and they take care of it right away, room is nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ho123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Spent the night there after getting in late. Hassells in registration, though paying cash they wanted a $50 deposit on a credit card. TV confusing and difficult to run, and staff rude when called for instructions. AC quit working, staff again unhelpful.

Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rrsjd

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Hayward, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

This motel has been underated by others for reasons that I do not understand. True the continental breakfast was not ready at 6:30am as stated by the front desk; but the property is well kept and very clean. Room service requests(extra pillows, iron and board) were delivered fast. The Spanish mission style and decor(even in the hallways) added to the pleasure of staying here. i recommend this motel for those on a budget who appreciate a decent and clean place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sulfurcreek
Petaluma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Do not stay here! Horrible experience. Rude staff. Room smelled of old Indian food. Non smoking room had cigarette burns in linens. Room rate upon check in was not rate charged to card. Beware and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeavingLuma
concord, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

regarding
3555 Clayton Road
Concord, CA 94519 US

One of my friends came from Korea last thursday Nov 12 and he stayed 3 nights at the INN. I introduced the inn because I live around the INN and it was the first INN I see on the street. He found out that he forgot to bring something out of the INN when he already checked out so he made a phone call to the INN.

What happened after the check out is this.

My friernd was talking to the manager on the phone but his english was not really good and he was just listening. He told me to talk to the manager of the INN and I could hear that the manager of the INN was yelling at him and to me.

What the manager was basically my friend messed the room and he is angry about it.

What my friend was asking was did the manager found his wedding ring on the table he put after he took a shower.

What I was saying was WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME ABOUT THIS MATTER!!!

I told the manager this:

1. He paid for the INN and stayed 3 nights. Isn't the cleaning fee included already.

Manager's response: Yes but not like this mess. people don't use room like this.

2. You have his ID and you're responsible for charging him more or less.

Manager's response: what? are you a stupid or something? he paid with cash! (I laughed.)

3. Don't you have his ID? or credit card number? why are you yelling at me?

Manager's response: what? are you a stupid? what am I supposed to do with his passport?

4. (laugh.) okay so what do you want me to do? I am just asking whether you found his ring or not. (he yelled at me again but i didn't understand what he was saying because I was eating at the ISOBUNE, Japantown, SF.

5. so what's your name?

Manager's response: no response.

What I am trying to say here is this. People book your INN because they trust the name of the INN. right next to the INN there are 3 other motels and INNs. Even motel 6 is $5 cheaper than yours but a lot better service as you can imagine. When your family members or friends come over from other countries or other states will you let them stay there? Are you supposed to tell them to clean up everything and put tips with paying the full price to stay a night?

This experience was the worst experience ever with motel, hotel, and inn whatever.

I have not posted comments or complain about this kind of matter in my life but I want all you to know this manager with this INN's service is the worst around this town with middle range of the price.

I'm a owner of a restaurant in san diego and I really hope my manager don't do this to anyone no matter what. What the manager did to me and my friend was unbelievable and supposed not to be happened I guess. If the manager was the owner I have nothing to say. I just don't go but share this experience with other people. I just want to say GOOD LUCK for this INN with the manager name: unknown.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Concord
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

So, my girlfriend and I decided to stay at this hotel for the cheap price. The first room was "non-smoking" but reaked like cigs. We requested a new room...which management almost couldn't fathom...and were pleasantly surprised with how much better it smelled. We left to get dinner and came back to find the cheapest, flattest pillows I have ever seen on a bed- almost laughable. I walked down to the manager working (who like the previous reviewer stated, looked out of it and spoke broken english) and he told me that they had no extra pillows and that he could not open any room to get things until noon the next day when the cleaning crew showed up. WHAT? I also wanted to get some soap because the soap that was in the bathroom had been used already. Great way to cut down on costs I guess. He said that they "couldn't get me anything until tomorrow when the cleaning crew came". I couldn't believe it! So later that night we got a complaint about walking around by the people below us (mind you, there were only 3 cars in the parking lot that night) and I snapped. I walked down to the manager and demanded a refund and went down the street the the Best Western who gave me a discount for it being past 11pm. They were very nice and took $20 off the stay. I strongly caution anyone from staying at this filthy dump and please, if you don't believe me, find out for yourself. They simply don't care, it's that simple! He really started caring when I asked for his name and threatened to call the corporate office. I never did get his last name-which he refused to provide- and I thought I would just let the matter go, I had put him through enough, haha. Cheers!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HarryParatesties
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2008

I own a company that was doing late night- early morning work down the street, so I reserved a room for multiple nights, intending on using it for myself or one of my employees. Since our crew was going to be working from 10pm to 5am, we needed a place for a "designated driver" to sleep a few hours so they would be rested enough to safely make the drive home (which is an hour and a half away). When I arrived to check in (around 1am), there was no one at the desk, and I stood there outside ringing for a long time before someone sleepily answered and checked me in. Well, the second night, I forgot to give the key to my employee, so I called down there to straighten the situation out and get him a key. They quickly responded by saying that it was not possible for them to allow someone besides me to occupy the room- even though I took full responsibility and had already paid for it! AND, the only way I could get my employee in, was to book and pay for another room in their name. When I asked why this policy existed, he nonchalantly responded that there was NO REASON, and that it was just "their policy." I was ready to go all the way down there to straighten this out in person- fill out and sign any forms necessary, but something told me that this was going to be a waste of my time. So I called him a few minutes later to ask once more if I could just prove my identity over the phone- fax him my driver's license or whatever, and get my employee in instead of me. Well- at first he didn't seem to remember who I was (even though I had just got off the phone with him) and I got the same answer- no pause for consideration- no reason- no apology- nothing. This place may be cheaper than other hotels, but I definitely wouldn't trust them to handle anything in a reasonable manner! Please beware!!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank bizowner1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
#12 of 17 in Fairfield
#12 of 16 in Livermore
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Concord? Share your experiences!