“We can't get you anything until tomorrow”

Americas Best Value Inn Concord
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Concord
“We can't get you anything until tomorrow”
Reviewed 14 May 2009

So, my girlfriend and I decided to stay at this hotel for the cheap price. The first room was "non-smoking" but reaked like cigs. We requested a new room...which management almost couldn't fathom...and were pleasantly surprised with how much better it smelled. We left to get dinner and came back to find the cheapest, flattest pillows I have ever seen on a bed- almost laughable. I walked down to the manager working (who like the previous reviewer stated, looked out of it and spoke broken english) and he told me that they had no extra pillows and that he could not open any room to get things until noon the next day when the cleaning crew showed up. WHAT? I also wanted to get some soap because the soap that was in the bathroom had been used already. Great way to cut down on costs I guess. He said that they "couldn't get me anything until tomorrow when the cleaning crew came". I couldn't believe it! So later that night we got a complaint about walking around by the people below us (mind you, there were only 3 cars in the parking lot that night) and I snapped. I walked down to the manager and demanded a refund and went down the street the the Best Western who gave me a discount for it being past 11pm. They were very nice and took $20 off the stay. I strongly caution anyone from staying at this filthy dump and please, if you don't believe me, find out for yourself. They simply don't care, it's that simple! He really started caring when I asked for his name and threatened to call the corporate office. I never did get his last name-which he refused to provide- and I thought I would just let the matter go, I had put him through enough, haha. Cheers!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HarryParatesties

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I own a company that was doing late night- early morning work down the street, so I reserved a room for multiple nights, intending on using it for myself or one of my employees. Since our crew was going to be working from 10pm to 5am, we needed a place for a "designated driver" to sleep a few hours so they would be rested enough to safely make the drive home (which is an hour and a half away). When I arrived to check in (around 1am), there was no one at the desk, and I stood there outside ringing for a long time before someone sleepily answered and checked me in. Well, the second night, I forgot to give the key to my employee, so I called down there to straighten the situation out and get him a key. They quickly responded by saying that it was not possible for them to allow someone besides me to occupy the room- even though I took full responsibility and had already paid for it! AND, the only way I could get my employee in, was to book and pay for another room in their name. When I asked why this policy existed, he nonchalantly responded that there was NO REASON, and that it was just "their policy." I was ready to go all the way down there to straighten this out in person- fill out and sign any forms necessary, but something told me that this was going to be a waste of my time. So I called him a few minutes later to ask once more if I could just prove my identity over the phone- fax him my driver's license or whatever, and get my employee in instead of me. Well- at first he didn't seem to remember who I was (even though I had just got off the phone with him) and I got the same answer- no pause for consideration- no reason- no apology- nothing. This place may be cheaper than other hotels, but I definitely wouldn't trust them to handle anything in a reasonable manner! Please beware!!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank bizowner1

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
#4 of 8 in Concord
Pleasant Hill Inn
Pleasant Hill Inn
#4 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Concord? Share your experiences!