“Loud clientele....”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, United States
“Loud clientele....”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The people above us arrived back at 2:30 am and talked/ rambled/ showered until 6 am. They were so loud I couldn't sleep until 6 am when they finally quieted down. So I only slept 3 hours. The walls and floors are thin so you hear everything. At 5am another loud group walked through the complex. This is the type of clientele this place caters to. If you want to sleep, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hello Thomas,

My name is Roel Almares General Manager of the Best Western Plus Hotel in Concord. On behalf of entire staff, we would like to thank you for staying with us. We apologized that your stay was not satisfying due to the noise. We are making everyone aware that if this type of scenarios happens during your stay, that our guests are to inform the Front Desk right away. Our clientele has changed over the years due to all the thing we have done to improve the property. We ask that you will give us another try.

Please feel free to connect with via email the next time you are in town at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Again Thank you.

Roel Almares

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cobb, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The staff is very friendly, but the room was disappointing. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were smaller than my head. Couple that with the shabby and run down interior of the room, and this hotel is one that I simply can not recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Burbank, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice location, clean hotel/rooms, cordial staff, good breakfast. Have stayed at BW hotels across the country for over ten years, highly recommend this hotel. Booked online with AAA discount less than a week prior to arrival - all around excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Rejyna,

On behalf of my team, we want to thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you had a great stay. My team are working hard everyday to make sure that we are giving satisfactory service to all our guests, again thank you.

Next time you are in town please don't hesitate to reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here 09/24 and 09/25, in town for business. All of the other hotels in the area were booked due to a large event in the Bay area. Let's start with the area. Though this section of Concord is not the best, I have certainly stayed in worse. There were a few shady characters hanging around, but they seemed harmless enough.

My check-in went smooth and the young lady at the front counter was very nice. I reserved a non-smoking room, as I quit smoking about 4 months ago, and the first thing I noticed when I entered my room was that it wreaked of smoke; Strike 1. I called the front desk to ask for another room, and was informed that they were booked, but that they could de-smoke the room, which would take about 1/2 an hour... (How do you de-smoke a room in 1/2 hour? Air Freshener? At a minimum, you need to steam clean and re-paint.)

Later that evening, after getting settled in to do some paperwork, I found that I could not connect to their wireless internet on any of my devices (iPad, iPhone, laptop); Strike 2. I called their tech support hotline and went through a troubleshooting dance for about an hour, until we both determined that it was futile. On a side note, if you have AT&T cell service, this location is a dead zone.

The next morning I went to the front desk and asked if another room was available, and they were able to place me in another room, but it was smoking. They gave me the key to check it out, and surprisingly, it was less smoky than my non-smoking room... Also, I was able to connect to their internet here. I returned from my day's journeys and unloaded my stuff, got some work done, then settled in for some TV and sleep. There was a bit of a domestic disturbance that started around 9PM, and did not end until around 10:30PM, which went un-addressed by the staff, and it was right by their lobby; Strike 3.

Nothing here is new, or appears to be clean. The rooms are way out of date, especially for the price. All of the light fixtures, in both rooms, were loose. It is fairly loud, so if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The only redeeming quality this location has is the friendly desk staff.

If you have other hotel options, I recommend you use them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hello,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.

We are in the process of improving our smoking rooms and re-designating few areas throughout the public spaces. In regards to the WiFi issue, we will reach out to our tech support and make sure issues are resolved in a timely manner.

Also, we are have added newer items in the room such us, flat screen TV's, phones, and other bathroom amenities.

I would like to thank you for recognizing our staff during your stay. One of our goal is to provide superior service to all our guests and we are glad that we were able to provide this for you.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com

Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I read the mixed reviews of this place, but there were a few four or five stars reviews as well and everything in the area was booked up, so my colleague and I gave this place a try. Now having stayed at this location, I would have to assume that the good reviews are posted by fake people? I mean that very seriously. The area surrounding this hotel is not a nice area. Nice areas of Concord and Pleasant Hill are close by, but the area around this hotel is clearly the run down/high crime area of town--lots of fast food restaurants, liquor stores, trash, discount retailers, shady people hanging around. There was a guy sitting on the curb in the hotel parking lot drinking beer and leering at me and my colleague as we headed towards our rooms after dinner. There were some questionable looking people at the pool area on the property as well. It felt like there was drug activity going on. I travel all over the US for business and I rarely feel unsafe at a hotel. I felt unsafe at this place. It appears to be an old hotel, probably something like a Motel 6, that has been refurbished with higher end fixtures in the rooms. The rooms did have pretty nice fixtures and decent furniture. However, the non smoking room I had reeked of stale cigar smoke. The whirlpool tub had a rubber mat in it. The bath mat had crust around the edge of it. Clearly no maids ever pick up that rubber mat and clean underneath it. That's disgusting. At breakfast, there were shriveled up oranges in the fruit basket. Just all around, it was a terrible experience. The one highlight was the polite young lady working the front desk who didn't hassle us when we cancelled our reservations and checked out very early that first morning. Don't stay here. This place is not clean and does not feel comfortable or safe. Even if it were cleaned up some, it would still be located in a bad area of town.

Room Tip: Stay in bearby Pleasant Hill, it is safer and nicer than Concord.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for staying with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Please email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com the next time you are in town.

Again, thank you and we hope to accommodate you again soon.

concord, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I went here to celebrate my husbands birthday. I just wanted to get away out of town for a romantic getaway. We got there and they charged us more that I reserved the room for online. Also, I had reserved the romance package and I even called to ensure that they would have it set up for him. I was assured by the friendly lady on the phone that it would be there and she nicely welcomed me to enjoy our stay. However when I got to the place it was a different story. The lady told me to sign the papers and I noticed a higher price on the paperwork. I pulled up my original receipt from online purchase and she said well this is the actual price. Then I asked her about the romance package and she said ohh we dont have that for you. I said its on my reservation and everything. She says well you should have called days before to get that. I informed her that not only did I purchase it online but I called ahead to make sure it was on the reservation and included with our stay. She said yes it does state it on here but I don't have it for you. Needless to say, that was an epic fail. Our room smelled like stale cigarettes and it was supposedly a non smoking room. Glad I brought candles of my own!!! However the beds were very comfy! I hate to be completely negative so I will give credit to them for that. This was not worth the money. I would not recommend this place at all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Melissa,

First of, I'd like to thank you for staying with us. I personally would like to apologized to you for any miscommunication that has occurred during your reservation process. We work very hard to make sure that all our guests are greatly taking cared of during their stay. Please let me know next time you are in the area. You can email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com and I will make sure that your needs our taking cared of.

Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Oregon House, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Picked this motel because it was fairly close to family in Danville and since it would be hot while I was there, a lovely, huge inner courtyard pool and whirpool. Easy to get to, good breakfast in the lobby and very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hello Barb,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. I noticed that you travel frequently and we appreciate you taking the time sharing your experience with us and to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon.

Please contact us directly the next time you visit Concord, my email is ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Again, Thank you.

Roel Almares
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!