“Great value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Concord, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This motel is a bit out of the way for San Francisco visitors, but is well worth what you spend in money and extra travel time. Great staff, fine breakfast with a lot of selection (that is continually maintained) and fairly close to a BART station.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello James,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for allowing us to serve you. My staff are working hard everyday to make sure guest like you enjoys ever minute of your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please don't hesitate to call us directly on your next stay with us.

Roel Almares

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Positive:
At check-in, the day manager told me she had assumed that Expedia (as usual, according to her) had booked me in a smoking room without informing me. She had assumed correctly, and thankfully, had taken certain steps to make the experience as bearable as possible. She told me they had run an air filter in the room and had treated for smells. This is good, because my niece traveling with me is nearly asthmatic with allergies. Thankfully, whatever the manager had arranged had done the trick, and my niece was unbothered by the room conditions. This preparation, in my opinion, went above and beyond the call of duty.

Negative:
The shower was unusable. I grew up in a developing country, but the shower at this Best Western was worse than any I had experienced before. Constant extremes between scalding hot and bitter cold. I finally gave up and went without a shower. This is a deal-breaker for me. I would never come back to this hotel: a clean bed and and working shower are the absolute basics that all hotels - good or bad - must provide. This one does not do so consistently.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Natasha,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. We apologized for the experienced you've had during your stay. We will make sure to look in to all the concerns you've made and make some changes.

my entire staff are working very hard everyday to make sure we are providing superior customer service to all our guests. We want to welcome you back to our property and allow us to serve you a little better.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

First let me say, it was the best 7 hours sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Breakfast is served from 6 - 9. We got there a little after 8. There was no gravy left for the biscuits, the toaster was not working, there was enough mix left for one waffle, the eggs were powdered not fresh, oh just let me stop here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn H
Hello-

First and foremost, we want to thank you for staying with us, and we are glad that you had a nice rest. We appreciate your concerns in regards to our breakfast, we are working hard to find ways to make sure guest like you are satisfied. We recently added a comment box in the lobby for any guests who wished to share their comments to us. This has been working great and we hope to hear more from all. Again, thank you for your concerns and we will make sure we stay on top of it.

We hope to see again soon.

Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in the King Jacuzi Room. Our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable from the point of check in to the moment we checked out. The room was very home"y", clean, and comfortable to be in. The bed was very comfortable. We did have an issue with our jacuzi tub in the room but the Associates were very accommodating and helpful. We would definitely Stay at the Heritage Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Janelle,

We want to thank you for taking the time on sharing your experience with our property. We're glad that your stay was a pleasant one. Please call us directly or email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com the next time you make a trip this way. Also, FYI we also have several locations in Roseville and Rancho Cordova, if ever you needed accommodations in that area.

Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Rancho Palos Verdes
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I paid for 2 beds and called the hotel directly to confirm this reservation few days before arrival and also noted my preference to be in front of the pool area. Upon arrival, I was surprised to be placed on 1 bed room, and was also told there is none available by the pool area. When I called that I paid for 2 beds, the clerk insisted she shows 1 bed only. I called back after waiting for a while. She transferred us to a room in front of the pool area. When my son picked up the new key cards and showed our receipt for 2 beds, she did not look at the receipt and told him I already know. Bad service. No apology received from BW.

1 Thank E M
Hello-

First and foremost, we thank you for staying with us. We want to apologized for the experience you've had with our property. We are working hard to make sure that we are providing superior service to all our guests. You can reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com if you have any other concerns.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Roel Almares

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2014

In spite of the comments here, I thought this was a good property. I was pleasantly checked in at the desk, the room was clean, a refrigerator, microwave, nice bed, great water pressure but where is the Wi-Fi? I had to re-login no less than 50 times to do what I needed to do for work. Very feeble signal here, at least in my room. Having inadequate Wi-Fi these days is like having no TV signal. Unacceptable, BW. The grounds were well-maintained and the breakfast was fundamental. The facility was surprisingly quiet. To be fair, I would stay here again. But if Wi-Fi is part of your requirements for work or other reasons, you may be seriously frustrated.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank beeedell
Hello-

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to say thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and hoping we can fix your issues. We recently installed 12 additional routers and increased our speed to 100mbps? So, if you're still having issues then I need to ask my provider. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention, we will make sure we fix the problem.

Please don't hesitate to call us directly the next time you're making a reservation. Again, thank you.

Menifee, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room décor was very nice, but the bed was one thing that still needs to be upgraded. Also our neighbor was a smoker and the smell came into our room which made it unpleasant. Breakfast was nice but very little seating.

Hello Laurel,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate that you took some time to share with us your experience. Our bedding have been replaced and I will definitely look into the room you stayed at and make necessary changes. We are also planning on building an outdoor seating area for breakfast, so guests can enjoy the nice sun.

Please let us know the next time you're in town, we'd like to meet you.

Roel Almares
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Best Western John Muir Inn
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!