“nice, clean and comfortable hotel.”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fountain-Vly., United States
“nice, clean and comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It a good clean hotel. It close to ours family,when we visit. its near many restaurants and shoppin center. I would stay here again. It have swimming pool,but it not heated so when you get out the pool it a bits cold. Also, good parking.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. We are glad that your stay was a pleasant one. Most of our guest enjoys the different restaurants within walking distance. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please don't hesitate to call us directly the next time you're in town.

Roel Almares

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NYC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there at the end of a trip to San Francisco because we were attending a show at the Pavilion that would end at 11 and did not want to drive back to SF. This hotel was very close to the Pavilion and several other concert goers stayed there as well. This is a Motel structure with exterior corridors and is well maintained. The room was fine. My wife liked the firm mattress, but I did not because it bothered my back.

Location is Impressive in that within a block or so on the same side of the street is McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, a Taqueria and a local Burger shop. Directly across the street is IHOP. There are many little strip malls nearby with a supermarket about 1/2 mile up street. The Pavilion is just a 5 minute ride down the street and one left turn.

Breakfast was better than expected for this level with continental choices as well as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits with gravy.Like others in this level, there is a waffle machine. I don't particularly care about free breakfasts, but there are many who will pay more for a Holiday Inn Express than a better hotel just for the free food. I have seen reviews about powdered eggs, but that is what you get in institutional breakfasts, so comments like that reflect unrealistic expectations. I think even Embassy Suites that prepares made to order omelets uses them for the ready made eggs in their buffet, although i could be wrong.

I had heard from nearby relatives that when visiting family stayed there they had trouble getting a cell phone signal. I had problems myself. I could not find a position where I could get a consistent clear phone signal and wound up speaking outside the room as others I observed did during my overnight stay. I also lost internet connection using their Wifi a few minutes into use at around midnight and it never came back. The next morning I had to rely on their business center (2 computers in a lobby hallway, one of which was not working) to check-in for my flight and check emails. While they do not control the cell towers, as a major business, they should let their local government and Chamber of Commerce know so that the word gets out to cell carriers who are always hungry to provide good coverage. The hotel should also have a tech check to see if there is an inherent issue that can be corrected.

I would stay overnight again, but not more because my work requires me to be available by phone.

Hello-

My name is Roel Almares, General Manager of the Best Western Concord. I would like to send out my thank you for sharing your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know all the good and not so great experience during your stay. In regards, to cell phone connectivity, we are researching and reaching out to local providers to how we can improve signals in our area. Hopefully, will be able to see you again in the future.

Again, we want to thank you and if there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup,com.

Concord, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This motel is a bit out of the way for San Francisco visitors, but is well worth what you spend in money and extra travel time. Great staff, fine breakfast with a lot of selection (that is continually maintained) and fairly close to a BART station.

Hello James,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for allowing us to serve you. My staff are working hard everyday to make sure guest like you enjoys ever minute of your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please don't hesitate to call us directly on your next stay with us.

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Positive:
At check-in, the day manager told me she had assumed that Expedia (as usual, according to her) had booked me in a smoking room without informing me. She had assumed correctly, and thankfully, had taken certain steps to make the experience as bearable as possible. She told me they had run an air filter in the room and had treated for smells. This is good, because my niece traveling with me is nearly asthmatic with allergies. Thankfully, whatever the manager had arranged had done the trick, and my niece was unbothered by the room conditions. This preparation, in my opinion, went above and beyond the call of duty.

Negative:
The shower was unusable. I grew up in a developing country, but the shower at this Best Western was worse than any I had experienced before. Constant extremes between scalding hot and bitter cold. I finally gave up and went without a shower. This is a deal-breaker for me. I would never come back to this hotel: a clean bed and and working shower are the absolute basics that all hotels - good or bad - must provide. This one does not do so consistently.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Natasha,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. We apologized for the experienced you've had during your stay. We will make sure to look in to all the concerns you've made and make some changes.

my entire staff are working very hard everyday to make sure we are providing superior customer service to all our guests. We want to welcome you back to our property and allow us to serve you a little better.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

First let me say, it was the best 7 hours sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Breakfast is served from 6 - 9. We got there a little after 8. There was no gravy left for the biscuits, the toaster was not working, there was enough mix left for one waffle, the eggs were powdered not fresh, oh just let me stop here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn H
Hello-

First and foremost, we want to thank you for staying with us, and we are glad that you had a nice rest. We appreciate your concerns in regards to our breakfast, we are working hard to find ways to make sure guest like you are satisfied. We recently added a comment box in the lobby for any guests who wished to share their comments to us. This has been working great and we hope to hear more from all. Again, thank you for your concerns and we will make sure we stay on top of it.

We hope to see again soon.

Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in the King Jacuzi Room. Our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable from the point of check in to the moment we checked out. The room was very home"y", clean, and comfortable to be in. The bed was very comfortable. We did have an issue with our jacuzi tub in the room but the Associates were very accommodating and helpful. We would definitely Stay at the Heritage Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Janelle,

We want to thank you for taking the time on sharing your experience with our property. We're glad that your stay was a pleasant one. Please call us directly or email me at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com the next time you make a trip this way. Also, FYI we also have several locations in Roseville and Rancho Cordova, if ever you needed accommodations in that area.

Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Rancho Palos Verdes
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I paid for 2 beds and called the hotel directly to confirm this reservation few days before arrival and also noted my preference to be in front of the pool area. Upon arrival, I was surprised to be placed on 1 bed room, and was also told there is none available by the pool area. When I called that I paid for 2 beds, the clerk insisted she shows 1 bed only. I called back after waiting for a while. She transferred us to a room in front of the pool area. When my son picked up the new key cards and showed our receipt for 2 beds, she did not look at the receipt and told him I already know. Bad service. No apology received from BW.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank E M
Hello-

First and foremost, we thank you for staying with us. We want to apologized for the experience you've had with our property. We are working hard to make sure that we are providing superior service to all our guests. You can reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com if you have any other concerns.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Roel Almares

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Best Western John Muir Inn
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!