“just another trip to CA & Reno”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersSilver level
lakehills
“just another trip to CA & Reno”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Bus service in front of hotel free for seniors from 10-2 daily & full breakfast. This is the best way to SFO airport, OAK airport & downtown SFO I will stay there again. There are grocery stores in walking distance.

Room Tip: Bus service to BART in front of hotel free for seniors from 10-2 daily otherwise $ 1 & full brea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello Alfred,

We are glad to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We are always working hard to make sure that all our guests are satisfied. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can improve on. We hope to see you soon.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
HIghland Park, IL
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed in a large room with a king-sized bed and kitchenette. The room was spacious, clean, and had very nice furniture. It would have been quite attractive if the kitchenette cupboard had been painted the same color as the walls and if the cupboard doors had been working instead of being screwed shut.

The bed was much softer than most hotel beds and the sheets were either too small or not properly tucked under the mattress. They came undone in the middle of the night.

The breakfast was exceptionally good. It was served in a very attractive area adjacent to the lobby. That would have been a very pleasant experience, except the sidewalk outside the west end of the lobby was very sticky. It needed to be mopped.

The clerks at the front desk were not very welcoming.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper west side are probably quieter because they are farther from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and experience regarding your recent stay with us. We take all comments very seriously and we use this to improve our services at the hotel. I will make sure to not only share this with my staff, also go back and take care of the issues mentioned on your reply.

If you have any other questions, you can always reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Santa Cruz, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Wonderful, very good free breakfast, nice pool area. For business reasons, I have stayed at this hotel about 80 days out of the year for the past 10 years. This says a lot about the accomodations, staff and price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Hans S
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words. You're comments makes us work even harder to give superior service to all the guests that walks in our door. Although, we're not quite perfect, we're towards excellent and consistent. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great for a quick stay!... Quiet got a great nights sleep. Solid black out curtains work well. Internet is typical hotel connection. Very friendly helpful staff.. Over all very pleased. Nice little pool and an indoor jacuzzi :) Gounds is kept very clean. Restaurants on either side and within short distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeritageHG, General Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello Cosimo,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. It's always great to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. It makes us feel good knowing that our hard work are being recognized, thank you. Please reach directly the next time you are making your reservations.

Fresno, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This property is located only a few miles from the Concord Pavilion event center. Large rooms, some with kitchenette. Smoking rooms available. Bedding was worn and the fitted sheets didn't fit so well. Basic white down comforter. Rooms have under the window heat and AC and the control is on the unit, no wall thermostat. Courtyard and swimming pool area is nice and the spa and sauna are located indoors next to the pool. The morning breakfast closes early at 9 AM. The breakfast is average. There are several fast food chain restaurants within a five minuet walk as well as a major grocery store. The I gave this property four stars because of it's proximity to the Concord Pavilion. I would have only rated it a three star property if it were not for that. Ear

Room Tip: Try to get a ground level floor as I never saw an Elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello,

My name is Roel Almares, General Manager of the Best Western Heritage Inn, Concord. First of, I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. By letting us know the good and bad of your stay, it allow us to go back and make sure we improve based on your comments. So, having said that your comments are very much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to call us directly or if you have any other questions or concerns, you can reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup.com.

Fountain-Vly., United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It a good clean hotel. It close to ours family,when we visit. its near many restaurants and shoppin center. I would stay here again. It have swimming pool,but it not heated so when you get out the pool it a bits cold. Also, good parking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

On behalf of my entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us. We are glad that your stay was a pleasant one. Most of our guest enjoys the different restaurants within walking distance. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please don't hesitate to call us directly the next time you're in town.

NYC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there at the end of a trip to San Francisco because we were attending a show at the Pavilion that would end at 11 and did not want to drive back to SF. This hotel was very close to the Pavilion and several other concert goers stayed there as well. This is a Motel structure with exterior corridors and is well maintained. The room was fine. My wife liked the firm mattress, but I did not because it bothered my back.

Location is Impressive in that within a block or so on the same side of the street is McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, a Taqueria and a local Burger shop. Directly across the street is IHOP. There are many little strip malls nearby with a supermarket about 1/2 mile up street. The Pavilion is just a 5 minute ride down the street and one left turn.

Breakfast was better than expected for this level with continental choices as well as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits with gravy.Like others in this level, there is a waffle machine. I don't particularly care about free breakfasts, but there are many who will pay more for a Holiday Inn Express than a better hotel just for the free food. I have seen reviews about powdered eggs, but that is what you get in institutional breakfasts, so comments like that reflect unrealistic expectations. I think even Embassy Suites that prepares made to order omelets uses them for the ready made eggs in their buffet, although i could be wrong.

I had heard from nearby relatives that when visiting family stayed there they had trouble getting a cell phone signal. I had problems myself. I could not find a position where I could get a consistent clear phone signal and wound up speaking outside the room as others I observed did during my overnight stay. I also lost internet connection using their Wifi a few minutes into use at around midnight and it never came back. The next morning I had to rely on their business center (2 computers in a lobby hallway, one of which was not working) to check-in for my flight and check emails. While they do not control the cell towers, as a major business, they should let their local government and Chamber of Commerce know so that the word gets out to cell carriers who are always hungry to provide good coverage. The hotel should also have a tech check to see if there is an inherent issue that can be corrected.

I would stay overnight again, but not more because my work requires me to be available by phone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello-

My name is Roel Almares, General Manager of the Best Western Concord. I would like to send out my thank you for sharing your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know all the good and not so great experience during your stay. In regards, to cell phone connectivity, we are researching and reaching out to local providers to how we can improve signals in our area. Hopefully, will be able to see you again in the future.

Again, we want to thank you and if there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach me via email at ralmares@heritagehotelgroup,com.

Roel Almares
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Best Western John Muir Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!