Motel 6 Concord
US$96
  • Pool
US$248
US$241
Pleasant Hill Inn(Pleasant Hill)
US$121
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We needed a place to stay for a family reunion and after reading lots of reviews and checking out a couple nearby, we opted for Motel 6. It was quiet, clean and comfortable with a small kitchenette, with fridge and microwave. The furnishings and carpet were in good shape. TV was older with no HD. The towels were a bit on the skimpy side but when we asked for additional pillows they were provided immediately. This place is a bargain but it would be nice if there was a light breakfast bar as there isn't even a coffeepot in the room. There were also no toiletries provided. It's pretty bare bones. But if you're willing to go out for breakfast (Min's Kitchen, just down the road, was great!) then you'll be just fine. Avoid the Valley Inn Motel at all costs -- even the housekeeper dissed it!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm 106 which was quiet with no rooms overhead. It has a small kitchenette.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dandysandy
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My experience with motel wasn't too pleasant. For one for what I paid was definitely not worth paying for the days I've stayed there. The guy at the front desk gave me a basic room for $81.65 with no fridge or microwave. The room smelled like cigarettes when i asked for a non smoking room. The maids half did their jobs. They need to seriously do some upgrading. The floor was sticky and had the bottom of feet all black. They don't have flat screen tv as well. The sheets were dirty and smelled like celery. Motel 6 You need to get yourself together.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank missladyterri
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stay at a lot of motels due to my living situation and job travel. I have stayed at many motel 6 locations in the bay area and have always been dissatisfied with cleanliness and unpleasant distractions (such as working girls, drug deals, etc) but always credited it to being a cheap stay with low expectations. So when I had to book a stay at this particular motel 6 I wasnt expecting much different. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised to see such a huge difference in quality for only about $10 more per night. The room was immaculately clean and smelled fresh. Blankets were clean and beds were comfortable, furniture was the same and almost looked brand new. Television wasnt much but at least worked properly as at many other locations wasnt as such. Bathroom was clean, and stocked with extra toilet paper and plenty of towels. Carpets were cleaned with no stains or wear and tear. The exterior of the building looks a little dated but everything else is great. They even offer free wifi which I have had to pay for at every other motel 6.
The person who gave it a bad review and complained about the refrigerator freezing their food was probably reviewing the studio 6 on monument as this location does not have refrigerators in the rooms as far as I know.
The staff is friendly and courteous and even charged me less than I was originally quoted when I booked my reservation. I can not believe this was a motel 6 and will be booking my stays here from now on whenever I need a room close to the area.
The only reason I didnt give 5 stars is the wifi didnt always pick up but this could be more a fault of my phone than their wifi service.
GREAT Motel!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pblover1
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were in town for my nephew's high school graduation and it got a little too crowded staying with family. When it was apparent that it wouldn't work out, I looked on Google for nearby hotels and came across this Motel 6. We were not expecting much, but we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our stay.

We requested a two queen-bed non-smoking room and were given one on the second floor. The check-in was quick and effecient, though in retrospect, I wish the clerk had asked if I was a member of any organizations. I completely forgot to mention my AAA membership and ask if there was a member discount. Otherwise, we were in our room quickly and with little fuss. The sheets and blankets were clean and in good shape, but the pillows were lumpy and a little uncomfortable. Our request for additional pillows was quickly accomodated.

Another bonus was the location of the motel. We were right on Clayton Road and had quick access to both the freeway (to visit with more family in Oakley and a shopping trip to Walnut Creek) and to the Concord Pavilion (location of graduation ceremony). There were several restaurants, Starbucks and a Safeway very close by.

Our stay was for three nights and I was fully satisfied. Our checkout was fast, I needed only to hand in the keys. Should I return again to visit family, I will definately consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room. While I didn't hear any disruptions, a ground floor room could get you stuck with people who are loud above.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The Carpets were horrible. They left black marks on our feet, so nasty carpets. They need to replace them with new ones. They need to pressure wash the concrete outside. Concrete was nasty. They did have someone come by everyday to sweep outside but thats it. The housekeepers were wonderful & nice. The frigerators was soo cold that it froze my lettuce and other foods that I had to through away b/c it had freezer burn on them. I had to ask them to turn the dial down on the frigerator so my food wont get frozen anymore. The wash rags had a little bit of black stuff on them everytime I got new wash rags. They should bleach them so that wont happen. The kitchen sink was clogged up. They need to check all of their sinks to make sure that they dont clog up like mine did.This one housekeeper,Patricia, was wonderful, She made sure everything was clean good & she made sure that my rags didnt have anything on them. I only had her for about a week. Then another housekeeper came, Monica, and she was the one that gave me wash rags that had black stuff on them & she didnt vaccume everyday like she was supposed to.The Coke Machine always kept spitting out my quarters & dollars, so therefore I had to walk back around the motel to go to the front desk so they can give me a coke.They never got the coke machine fixed after 2 weeks & I still dont think that its fixed now. The pool was closed and out of service which it looked like it was clean & ready to swim but they had a close sign on the gate and at the front desk so that was a bummer. We stayed here for 2 weeks and then left to go to a better & cheaper motel than this one. I dont recommend staying at this motel. We had to pay $7 extra for a room that had a microwave & frigerator in it. Usually a microwave and mini frig. comes with the room at most motels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business