“Functional”

Crowne Plaza Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
“Functional”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Being a Bay Area boy - I know a lot about CP. Since my last visit- it has pleasantly blossomed into a gem on the valley! If I were to critique it on a thing - I would recommend they partner with the local golf course and neighboring eateries and provide a circular discount network.

• Stayed April 2014
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Awgue,

Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate your feedback- I certainly agree that offering a partnership with the neighboring Buchanan Fields Golf Course would add a great amenity for our guests. We will take your advice and look into partnership opportunities with them.

Thanks again,

Aaron Olson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great service and friendly staff! I especially found Matt the manager and Johnny the bartender to be particularly extraordinary with taking care of guests. I really enjoyed the hotels tranquil decor and inviting atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014
RobbieB522,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Crowne Plaza Concord. Matt and Johnny were very appreciate of your comments, we are lucky to have them on our team.

We hope to see you agian soon!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the CP-Concord in April 2014. The staff is extremely welcoming friendly and went out of their way to accomodate me. I was in California on business and after working long hours it was refreshing to come back to a freshly cleaned room.

The front desk associates were kind enough to do small things for me like calling a cab for me in the morning (Joe). or graciously correcting an accidental overcharge on my meal (Victor) or the lovely Matt and Lupita who lent me everything from tape to white-out while I was preparing my reports for work.
The only cons I would warn other visitors about are the lack of cable channels and the over priced movie prices, unless you love 4,5 different ESPN channels the variety of television channels is limited; I also felt the lobby and 1st floor hllway was always kept too cold and drafty.
Alos the entire hotel has only two washers and two dryers.

Room Tip: 201 has an extra sink, which is nice so you don't have to wash your food containers out in the b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cocoalibran
cocoalibran,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience! We are fortunate to have a terrific team of hospitality professionals and we look forward to sharing these comments with them. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the channel lineup. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience and your comments are extremely helpful as we review our service offerings.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you are here on business and need much needed rest, I do t recommended this place, a private airport is serious next door and that is all you hear. Also don't put out your do not disturb sign or else the next day you have it off they will still skip your room. Along the edges of the rooms is built up dust and dirt on the floors. I've been forced to stay here from my company for the last 4 weeks and have 2 more to go, I can't wait to get out of here. Only one front office staff that was actually nice and accommodating, the rest all have attitudes. First room I was in something backed up in my bathroom sink over night, the maintenance guy said they never let him truly fix anything because they just want to fill the rooms. Not impressed at all!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Lyverer,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are deeply disappointed to hear that your stay is not living up to what you should expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel. I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns if you have a free moment. Please contact me via e-mail at aolson@cpconcord.com or 925-521-3780 at your convenience.

Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I tried to arrange rooms for out of town guests coming to a wedding. After a week of dealing with 4 different people in the sales department, I couldn't get it done. They mixed up information, and repeatedly did not email paperwork as they said they would.
If you are just coming as a guest, they may be ok, the lobby and public areas are nice, but I recommend staying away from their sales department.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
JuneGlenn R,

Thank you for providing this feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced booking rooms for your wedding group. This is certainly not the norm for our hotel and we truly appreciate your bringing it to our attention. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel and we hope for an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any additional comments or concerns.

Aaron Olson

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice, clean & big.
Comfortable bed.
The property is late but it's easy to find the room.
Front desk service was friendly & efficient.

Main issue- housekeeping started knocking at 8:12am. I said no service as I was checking out at 10am.
At 8:40 a house keeper came in without knocking. At 9 they knocked.
There is also a service cabinet or something right outside the room as the banging was constant from 8:12 & on. Not a sleep in kind of experience. Room 434

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VicandFawn
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
VicandFawn,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Concord and for sharing this valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guest room, especially our comfortable beds which constantly receive great reviews. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disruptions in the early morning. I appreciate your sharing the room number as it provides excellent detail to allow us to follow up on your concerns.

Again, we appreciate you staying with us and hope for an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just overnighted at the Crown Plaza in Concord, Ca. Is a large facility. Very helpful and pleasant staff- Rooms are getting a bit outdated, but are very clean and nicely appointed. Restaurant/Bar is also convieniently located- would stay here again

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Justin S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, 28 May 2015
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Justin Saylor / Director of Rooms / Crowne Plaza Concord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hilton Concord
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!