Crowne Plaza Concord
US$83
  • Pool
US$214
Residence Inn
Pleasant Hill Inn(Pleasant Hill)
US$113
US$110
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetwalnut creekputting greenindoor poolroom servicerestaurant staffbusiness tripfront desk stafffitness centerbeds were comfortableking bedan older hotelfree parkingbart stationsan franciscoatriumkoi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the San Francisco area for a wedding. We used some airline miles so our rate was extremely cheap. We chose this location because it was a LOT cheaper than staying anywhere in San Francisco and it turned out to be perfect.

Overall this is a great hotel. The rooms are large and the beds were comfortable. Everything was clean, housekeeping did a great job. When we arrived we were a little upset because there was very little parking available and we had to walk quite a way with our luggage to check in. It turned out there was a convention at the hotel but they were gone by the next morning and parking wasn't an issue after that.

I was also a little surprised to see that the hotel is right in front of a small airport. I had seen it on the map but I didn't realize the runway was that close. I was somewhat concerned noise might be an issue, but it wasn't at all.

We were really happy with the location. There are a lot of restaurants and stores nearby. BART is about a mile away and it had really easy freeway access. We went into San Francisco frequently while there and it took approximately 45 minutes to get there.

The only issue we had was when we ordered room service. By the time we got our food it was barely warm and it just was not very good.

Overall we had a great time here, would recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again when we come back to Northern California.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Utah_Jen
Justin S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel. Thank you for your positive comments and for reviewing our property. Input from our guests is of great value to us, and we are grateful for you letting us know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our vacation included a few days planned around SF, but we didn't realize how booked and pricey hotels would be for our planned dates in and around SF. Trying to find a good deal on a hotel, I use Priceline and it eventually led me to Concord, where I got a good deal on the Crowne Plaza. As others have commented the hotel is a little tired, but it's clean and situated in a good area near the highway and plenty of restaurants and shopping. It also didn't take too long to get to/from SF with our rental car, depending on the hours of travel and the traffic on the bay bridge and connecting highways.
Using others' room tips, I tried to get a room in the interior, over the courtyard and pool, or even one facing the street, but the hotel was fully booked for our three nights...so I got a room facing the airport. The front desk agent assured me that the hours of the airport are such that airport traffic shouldn't disturb our sleep. However, the runways were in use earlier than we expected a couple of the mornings and we could hear the airplanes before we planned to get up, and that was with our noise maker running. With that in mind, I would reiterate the room tip of trying to get a room away from the airport side if possible.
The staff I encountered were friendly, and I appreciated the free Wi-Fi in our room and the common areas. There is also plenty of free parking. There is an interior pool, but it's not very big.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the airport. Those on the interior are nice as they overlook the inside courtyard with it's landscaping, koi ponds, pool, and hot tub. Don't just request a room overlooking the pool, as it is quite small and there aren't very many of those rooms, i.e. a room on the interior would be just as good.
1  Thank ahself

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

On a trip to San Francisco, not too far to drive to get a great rate. The hotel is close to BART easy access to SF. Hotel has a courtyard with a pool, our room overlooked the pool which when lit at night was a good thing to look out on. They have plenty of free parking and WiFi. The beds were about the best I have slept in, and I guess this is unusual to say, but the best made beds I have slept in. All together a great hotel.

1  Thank Keith T

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were interested in staying outside of San Francisco as we returned from Yosemite for a one night stay. We arrived before check-in time, but within a hour they arranged for two adjoining rooms. The public areas are spacious and welcoming. Various spaces to sit and chat or conduct business. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well maintained. The airport was not an issue. Free parking was ample and overall the hotel was quiet. The beds are comfortable and the A/C worked perfectly. There are plenty of places to eat very close by. If you prefer not to drive into San Francisco, the Concord BART station is just a short drive away with free parking. Cab fare in SF is quite reasonable. All in all, our stay was pleasant and we would definitely return to this fine hotel.

Room Tip: The usual, try a stay away from the elevator and ice machine, etc.

Dear valued guest;

We appreciate your recent review on Trip Advisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and staff, rooms a bit on the older side but clean. Only thing that I noticed was housekeeping is a little slow in getting around to cleaning your room. Mine usually got the done around 2:30-3pm which is not terrible but not great. The Hotel is right next to an airport but don't let it deter you because I couldn't hear any of the planes or helicopters. There's a near by golf course for those of you who need a tee time.. Overall an ok stay.. The rooms are clean, bed if comfy, ac works perfectly and there is a small fridge in the room. Not bad at all but not great. I would stay again if work has me in concord again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jose G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Jose G,

Thank you for writing a candid review following your recent stay. We are very glad that you found our hotel clean and that you liked the amenities offered. As a valued guest, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns, and we most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve.

Should your future travel plans bring you back to Concord we look forward to serving you again with a completely positive hotel stay experience.

Kind Regards,