“Not just for sushi.”
Review of Tachi Sushi Bar

Tachi Sushi Bar
Ranked #41 of 322 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 9 April 2013

There are tons of reviews on tripadvisor about how people love to come here to eat sushi every week, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents and mention how much I and my whole family love to come to eat the hot food.
We've been eating at Tachi's since I was a little kid. They have these great combination dinners that I have to have at least twice a month. The dinners come with miso soup, salad, and 2 kinds of pickled veggies. They offer the ubiquitous teriyaki salmon/steak/chicken plates that you expect, but they also have this really delicious special called Tachi chicken. The combos come with sashimi or tempura, and would satisfy the biggest appetite.
I highly recommend this restaurant. The one off Ygnacio Valley Rd. near Clayton is the one I usually go to and will continue to go to as long as I live in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This place has been in concord for 19 years. They must be doing something right. The Godzilla roll is a crowd pleaser. The sister restaurant in Concord on Concord Blvd., is great for happy hour $3 rolls.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The sushi rolls are terrific. Everything else is just OK, but they do rolls as well as Japonese restaurants two or three times more expensive.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

This restaurant was my mom's favorite and is mine as well. Whenever we visit my dad the first place we have to go is to Tachi. The restaurant is clean and the service is fast (we had 8 people in our group). Being half Japanese, I grew up with authentic Japanese cooking and Tachi is the closest thing to it. I had salmon teriyaki and it was cooked perfect--not overcooked. Others in my group had udon, tempura and sushi. All was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

The sushi rolls are great - the fish tastes fresh and they are very accommodating if you want to customize your order. The other Japanese food is good too, but we usually go for the sushi. We love the Godzilla and Hollywood rolls. The atmosphere is nothing exciting and the wait staff are kind of lackluster, so we usually order food to go.