“Tulloch Resort is the ONLY hotel to stay at, and should be torn down!”

Lake Tulloch Resort Hotel & Marina
Cuisines: American
Santa Cruz, California
“Tulloch Resort is the ONLY hotel to stay at, and should be torn down!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Yes, it is the ONLY resort (hotel style) that sits right on this Lake. There are VRBO rentals at around $350 per night, but are much nicer than staying at this very dated, antiquated, fly swarming, party going, rebel rousing, Harley Davidson gang member gang-out, low-riding, Skank CITY,where hardly clad pieces of poor white trash congregate looking for anyone to bang! Largest number per square foot of skanks in one place at one time!!! Keep your husbands and boyfriends under wraps as these girls are drunk, dirty and looking for victims! Hotel rooms are gross. Outside of each room you will see groups of these skanks hanging out, pretending to be drunk so they do not have to offer apologies or excuses for drunken behavior. Ridiculous. Rooms range from $139 per night and are comparable to Motel 6 (maybe not that nice). Clearly, the location of this hotel is priceless. They should tear it down and start over with a high rise hotel.....maybe a large hotel chain will buy it up and do Lake Tulloch a favor. It needs more than a face lift, it needs to be demolished. Music from the boats is a little loud, but not so bad that its annoying. Lake Tulloch is a GREAT vacation spot, restaurants were fine.

• Visited July 2012
7 Thank Crystal S

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wish we'd stayed longer!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stunning location with nice rooms, service and food. The setting is brilliant and I wish we could have spent a bit longer here - ideal to take a boat out and explore the lake. Am very surprised by the negative reviews as have stayed here twice now - once recently and once 10 years ago. Great each time!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank will101clifton
Medford, Oregon
“Best place on the lake!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have read the other reviews on this site and I am shocked!! I think this is one of the best places I have stayed at in along time! The rooms have been repainted, the carpets are nice and clean, they just put in new carpet on the balcony. I took my kids to eat in the restaraunt and we had hamburgers and chicken strips and they were delicious!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I am looking forward to coming back and staying again during the summer!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank S H
San Diego, California
“Terrible Tulloch Resort”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Thank GOD for websites like Yelp!! Staying at this venue was absolutely the worst decision of my life. Calling this venue a “resort” would require Webster’s Dictionary to redefine the word. Every aspect of this “resort” is worse than the next and it leaves me wondering where to start…

The accommodations:
The venue itself is absolutely appalling in every way. Built in 1990 the structure appears to be more like 60 years old. The cafeteria style decor in the “dining room” brings flashbacks to elementary school. The food is just as bad as you would expect: soggy french fries and extremely well done hamburgers. The worst part is that outside food is not allowed on the premises, so you have no choice but to force their diuretic concoctions down, less you starve… Spider filled cobwebs comparable to a haunted house line the stairways, walls, railings, curtains, air conditioners, even the showers and sinks are covered. Bugs, dust, and rust fill the rooms wherever possible, leaving one feeling as though a tetanus shot should have been received prior to your stay. The incredibly loud air conditioner only has two temperatures extremely cold and off. When turning the air conditioner on a cloud of dust and bugs fly into the air!! Moving the broken curtains achieves the same result. The beds and pillows are rock hard and trying to find a clean place to sleep on the sheets is like playing a game of Twister… The television is as old as the building and does not come with a remote. A laminate broken table sits in the corner with two broken chairs. The desperate state of disrepair that our room was in slapped us in the face. In a dazed state of disbelief about where we were staying we inspected our neighbor’s rooms... They were just as bad as ours… We felt trapped.

The venue’s environment:
If I had to choose one word to describe the location it would be LOUD. Countless boats fill the dock all of which are blaring their own music, seemingly competing to see who’s stereo is the loudest. This “competition” doesn’t stop… It continues well past three or four in the morning. Fights between the guests are a constant. If there isn’t an actual fight taking place there are drunken threats of fighting, stabbings, and/or shootings taking place. Racial slurs are common place. The cops were called both nights that we stayed there. At 3:30am on our first night, an elderly man stepped out of his room to ask the screaming men to quiet down and he has punched to the ground and repeatedly kicked in the stomach. Bear in mind that the fights, deafening sexually charged rap music, and obnoxious guests did not stop their tirade during the day or the night. Upon our departure we learned that these obnoxious guests were not a fluke. The staff knew them by name and discussed their chair throwing, full volume swearing, and fighting with terms of endearment!! This brings me to my last topic… The Staff.

The Staff:
Each and every request is an inconvenience. We called down to ask if we could get a remote for the television: “No… click” We called down to request that the blaring music be turned down at 4:15am: “That’s not my job or my problem… click.” Upon checkout our bill was $80 more than it should have been: “You’ll pay what we charge you, I have your credit card.” Dealing with this rude and confrontational staff was worse than all the other terrible parts of our experience at this venue. The staff TRULY treated us as if they did not want us to be there or come back. We won’t and suggest you never bother. If you don’t believe me read through other Yelp posts, it’s not just us. This is a terrible place.

Rent a house on the water it’s a much better time!!

• Visited August 2011
9 Thank Robert D
Sacramento, California
“Worst stay! dirty rooms, poor service NEVER rent for weddings!”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

If your looking to stay close to the lake your better off taking a drive and staying somewhere else. Upon check in staff was shirtless and probably high or acted that way at least. I know its by the lake but be professional! We rented the resort for a wedding and the whole ordeal was just disastorous. We paid $3000 for food and while its wasnt bad they had no servers when we paid for servers and messed up on some orders. Its a beautiful place but much to "boat busy" and tourist busy for anything formal. Boats honked played loud music and screamed durring the ceremony.
Now the imoportant part THE ROOM. It was....dirty to say the least. If we didnt rent the place already upwards of $6000 we never would of stayed. The carpet was discusting had to wear shoes the entire time, the sinks were dirty, counters had hair, toilet was clean thanks goodness! But shower was a mess and I know they never mopped or dusted in there. Over all its was high priced and gross. Dont waste your money or the trip.

• Visited August 2011