“The Inn at Rolling Hills” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Rolling Hills

The Inn at Rolling Hills
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Corning
Edmonds, Washington
“The Inn at Rolling Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stop at Rolling Hills Corning every time we go to California because they are very friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. They have microwaves and mini refrigerators which are helpful if you have coolers . The casino is next door and the Steak House is fabulous food and they pour a great glass of wine. This is our favorite stop on our way to Palm Desert.

Room Tip: Hotel is right off the freeway interstate 5
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 684Nancy
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for this review! You really hit the high spots of our facilities. Right now, only the rooms with king beds have refrigerators and microwaves, but we are in the process of adding them to all the rooms, along with other updates, and hope to have it finished by the end of the year. I love to eat at the Timbers Steak House too, they are a great restaurant to have in our area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip, thank you for choosing The Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Browns Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I strongly advise against staying at this hotel. Our stay started with the receptionist giving us directions to the wrong city (1 hour further North) which caused me to miss my horse show which was the ONLY reason I was staying at this hotel. I called to complain to the manager and she basically could care less and said I was lying and that the person I spoke to “had worked and lived there for years and would NEVER give out incorrect info.” Next when we arrived the room was dirty! The showed had pubic hair and toe nail clippings in it. The towels were dirty. Then the shower flooded the entire bathroom and entry way of the room. When we complained about that, they just shrugged and said “ALL THE ROOMS ARE THAT WAY!” Next I threw away a dirty-prior used disposable shoe polish towel in the morning and then in the evening when returning to my room, the cleaning person had dug it out of the trash and put it back in the basket that contained the complimentary toiletries. Then, I found out after I had given my credit card just to reserve the room and another card to pay for the room at check out, they billed both cards for an inflated amount! I called the hotel to complain and spoke to the same receptionist I had been given incorrect directions by “AMY.” She told me there was nothing they would do for me to fix the charges. I asked to speak to a manager and she said that there was not one working today, I asked about tomorrow and she said no, then about Wednesday and she said no. I told her that I know there is a manager and that she better let me talk to one or that the manager better get my message and call me back first thing in the morning, and she hung up on me. I have called the Sherriff dept. to file a case of fraud and theft, I have disputed the charges with both banks, I have called the Rolling Hills Casino’s general manager and filed a complaint, and filed a complaint with the Arabian Horse Association so that they do not recommend this hotel in the future to their members. I hope that at this point I get my money back and that “AMY’ gets harshly reprimanded if not fired! But at least I can inform others as to how I was treated and to warn them NOT TO USE THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: You wont get a good room here as they say thesmselves that ALL THE ROOMS ARE THE SAME WAY! Discustin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TRUTH052014
I apologize for the frustration you have had in reaching me by telephone to address your issues. My two days off preceded two night shifts covering for a coworker who is away right now. I did call on Tuesday evening and left a voicemail message for you, I also called on Friday (my first day this week in the office) and left a message for you at the number you gave me. I believe your husband spoke with the manager at the other hotel and she was able to explain to him about the credit card authorization process at our hotels, so I am assuming that resolved the issue for you since I haven't heard back from you.

As for the issue of faulty directions, I did not say that I didn't care, but that it is easy to have mis- communications both ways over the telephone when giving or receiving directions. I did tell you, in response to your accusations, that our employees do not intentionally give out misdirection to our guests. We recommend that when people who are unfamiliar with this area travel here, they print out directions from our website, their email confirmation or even Google maps to avoid this confusion. Amy was not on duty that day, so your accusation of her is unfair. I asked you to bring me the directions you wrote down, or give me the name of the employee you wanted fired. You did neither. I was here when you checked in. I did question the clerk who was on duty that morning, she told me how she would direct someone to get here from the location you mentioned you were at, and her directions were both concise and correct.

We take pride in our excellent housekeeping, as the many other reviews here show. However, if a guest ever finds fault, we hope and expect that they will bring it to our attention as soon as possible during their stay so we can correct the problem. There are no notes on file of your complaints, except about the wet floor in the bathroom. The handicap accessible rooms have roll in showers, and if the showerhead is pointed towards the curtain when the curtain is opened, as your husband described the issue to the Front Desk agent, the floor will become wet. I appreciate that perhaps we could orient the showerhead on another wall, but then a person who is confined to a wheelchair, or must sit on the bench in those showers would not be able to reach the showerhead at all. I am sorry for your inconvenience in this matter.
Hope, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here one night on my way down to California, and I loved it so much that I changed all of my reservations on my way home and stayed 3 nights on my way home! I had been on the road for a few weeks and had computer work to catch up on - and this hotel was comfortable, offered good Internet and was dog friendly with smoking rooms. I could get work done, spend time with my dog, and walk over to the casino when I wanted to eat or relax! They also have a swimming pool, laundry facility and offer dog sitting in a nice safe kennel - and they were so good with my dog! I love the Inn at Rolling Hills and will come back as often as I can!!!

Lynn Leach

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynn L
Lynn, I am delighted that our hotel was able to meet and exceed your needs during your travels! Thank you very much for writing a review which describes the wonderful pet facility that the casino runs, as well as our hotel. We hope you will return to us soon!
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here Easter Nite and really was impressed with the room. The staff was quite kind and was very happy with the place. The casino was really nice and we did win, but of course I got greedy and lost it all the next day..:(. But all in all we will be up again for an over niter. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I was happy to see your review today! Thank you for contributing to this site. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will return in the future. We look forward to your visit and will do our best to make this your fun getaway place.
Seaside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Found the rooms to be very nice, modern, and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Convenient proximity to casino for meeting. Would stay again. Beautiful new horse facility located near by. Would be the perfect place to stay for an event there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TootieRN
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I'm very glad our staff and facility served you well while you were here, we look forward to doing so again! We are very excited about the new Equestrian Center, they have some great events scheduled each month.
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My rating would be higher but i thought the bed was uncomfortable but hubby disagreed. The cost included a free breakfast buffet in the casino which was great. Omelette bar which was very good. If you get a casino card you can get the dinner buffet at half price if you are a senior. The buffet, in my opinion, is laid out weird. But be patient?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HappyMiss37
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments and suggestions to the casino, which runs the buffet. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet! We hope you will return in the future.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife & I stay there on our trips thru CA. It is a good deal for the price if they give you the discounted rate (which I see from their web site they no longer advertize but I got it by asking). The rooms are decent & they include breakfast at the casino in the price of the room, which is a very good deal. As of January 2014 you could get a room for a little less than $100, including all taxes & the casino breakfast buffet, during the week, which I consider a good deal. My only complaint is that they use foam pillows, which I think are to hard. Everything else is just fine!

Room Tip: We always select a 2nd floor room facing the casino as we like to sleep with a window open & les...
Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. It is terrific that you make our hotel your stopping point in California! We have recently stocked up on various thicknesses of non-allergenic, fiber-fill pillows, hopefully one of those will be more comfortable for you. We hope to see you many times in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
BEST WESTERN PLUS Corning Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff
Ramada Plaza Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
#9 of 17 in Chico

Been to The Inn at Rolling Hills? Share your experiences!