“A good break and food”

Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Corning
Corning, California
“A good break and food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Excellent service, good food and a nice place to just sit for awhile. I take a break after getting a load of hay into the barn........

Visited December 2013

Medford, Oregon
“eating out”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The food was very good quick serve They even asked us if we had AARP orAAA. gave us a 20% discount. Was great

Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Think About It...”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stopped by this location late one evening, hoping for breakfast, which Denny's offers round the clock. Was seated in a moderately empty dining room, at 9:00 pm. Waitress took my drink order and, when I asked about pancakes, pointed out the all-you-can-eat section of the menu. For $4, three pancakes are initially brought, then two with each re-order. Fair enough. But this protocol seems to be predicated upon the notion that if the customer cannot find the server, he will eventually leave in frustration. Willpower!

I waited for a longer time than I thought necessary for three batter-made cakes, but they finally emerged, hot and steaming. With enough syrup to satisfy perhaps a hummingbird. Seriously? Can Denny's not afford enough artificially-enhanced sugary liquid to satisfy and adult? Of course, by the time I saw this, my server had disappeared into the bowels of the of that area known to customers as... over there, somewhere.

I made do with the syrup, but I as hungry and made short work of the flapjacks. I was eager for another round and again, sought out my server. Who was nowhere to be seen. When she finally reappeared, I made my request, to which she asked, "Oh, another order?" As if I were Terry Jones character from the film The Meaning of Life. Assured that i did, she eventually brought it around. And they were fine. But, come on! Anyone every heard of CUSTOMER SERVICE?! Service with a smile? Or how about JUST PLAIN SERVICE?

Denny's has had its problems in the past several years, with racial/racist overtones. But truthfully, service has NEVER been one of its finer points, anywhere. El Paso, TX, Ferndale, WA, Eatontown, NJ. Where ever.

Got up, paid my bill, left. Almost sated, but not quite. Maybe next time. At home.

• Visited November 2013
Stockton, California
“poor management”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

went there to eat on 8/28/2013 at around 4 pm. only one waiter on as far as I could tell. things got busy and service was not up to standard ,no fault of waiter . the manager on duty was no were to be seen,for quite awhile. the food was as usual GOOD.

• Visited August 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“As Usual... GREAT FOOD !!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped at Denny's for breakfast every morning driving to and from Palm Springs.. the food is always good, service is great, and have never had a bad experience at any Denny's !!! Reasonable and great portions !!

Visited December 2012

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!