“Family Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We always stay at this hotel when visiting my grandparents in Corning and I've yet to be disappointed. Clean rooms and friendly service. The breakfast is nice and I like that they offer some lighter choices (i.e. English muffins, fruit, yogurt). I was slightly disappointed because I wasn't able to use the workout facilities because they were being upgraded during our stay - however, I saw them when we were checking out and they appeared to be very nice (honestly, it was time for an upgrade) so by now I'm sure they are up and running and better than before. I was also pleasantly surprised by the TV channel selection. All in all it was a good stay. I got what I expected from a HIE.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Courtney D
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Courtney D,

Thank you for taking time out to review our property. We are very excited about the nice words you mentioned regarding our Hotel and Staff. We appreciate your business. We are excited to share all of our new upgrades. From our fitness center to our guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for making Holiday Inn & Suites Corning your choice hotel.

Best Regards, Monica W.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great Staff, clean rooms, easy to find, and AWESOME - did I say awesome complimentary Breakfast. When we booked our room the staff was most helpful and so friendly. We were surprised by the great breakfast and the to-go bag the offered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank agroos

Dear agroos,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but relaxing, comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast also. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Our original intent was to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Willows, but it was fully booked upon our arrival due to local racetrack activity. We were referred to the Corning location and had expectations for a property similar to that in Willows. Unfortunately, it is not. Upon arrival we made several attempts to find ANYBODY in the lobby area without success. After about a 10 minute wait a rather surly, tattooed employee wandered in, mumbling some excuse about being in a meeting room. Not a good start.

We found the grounds outside the hotel to be trashy. Holes in the pavement, un-mowed lawn, a water leak in the back parking lot that smelly slightly suspect and a general look of neglect. Inside, some doors did not close properly, wallpaper was loose in some areas and the carpet showed too many signs of wear. The Wi-Fi signal in my room was way too weak to be of use, except in the lobby. On the positive side, the breakfast was good and the attendant was friendly and efficient.

HIE is a nice chain with generally consistent quality. With prices hovering just over $100 in most cases, we have learned to expect a better facility than your normal Best Western, La Quinta or Days Inn. Unfortunately, this Express is no better than any of the above.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Douglas M,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. We assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location several times. I have always requested a non smoking king room. When I checked in I was asigned a smoking dbl bed room. This was corrected after I spoke with the desk person. When I saw the tv I told the desk person that I had not seen a 15 inch tv in a hotel room in over 30 yrs. I was advised that the rooms were being remodeled. In the morning after undressing and ready to use the shower I noted that the shower had mold around the fixtures and around the corner of the tiles. When I reported it to the manager as I was checking out she discounted the room and apologize for the condition of the room. I will give this hotel one more chance but that is all. In previous occasions I have given this hotel 5's. I will check the room conditon on my next trip prior to checking in.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 2nullies

Dear 2nullies,

Thank you for your review and for being an IHG Rewards Club Member. It is our goal to ensure our guests’ satisfaction is met with the excellence of service you expect. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the accommodations and overall hotel service you encountered. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests and this is crucial for us to improve the accommodations and services that we offer. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is part of a highly regarded chain. But it's not up to standards. Take room 206 for example. T.V. is 23" CRT with only a few over the air channels. Wall paper is coming off in the bathroom, and the tile in the shower is chipped.
Staff is a little rough, with more tattoos than I feel comfortable with.
Go one more exit for a better property and the same price.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms front the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear jsdive,

We are terribly sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. We are happy to let you know that we will be updating our hotel. We hope to earn your future patronage. We are confident that you will see the difference. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband was sent to the Corning area for work. He was told that he would be staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites (located right off of I-5). When he got there he was given a room on the first floor near the back door (which was locked securely unless opened by the room key). The room was large and welcoming. Upon entering the room the bathroom (toilet and tub) was on the left hand side with a large vanity (sink) that had plenty of storage on either side as well as below, on the right hand side. Next to the vanity was the closet with room for hanging clothes as well as a shelf above and below for additional storage. On the left hand side of the room across from the closet was a kitchenette that included another sink, microwave, mini-fridge, as well as more storage. The bed was large and extremely comfortable with four pillows, two soft and two firm. There was a nightstand on either side of the bed with a lamp, the nightstand on the right hand side of the bed also had a clock that was easy to use and read. At the end of the bed was a TV stand that had three drawers below and a shelf on the top. Beside the TV stand was a desk and chair. Across from the desk was a couch the pulled out into a bed and a coffee table. When I arrived to join him with our son I was amazed at how large of a room it was. The following morning when I went to get breakfast was when I met Monica and Josue. They were very welcoming and told me about the area. When we got breakfast there was a nice variety to choose from including pancakes and chocolate milk which my son loved! The swimming pool and jacuzzi were clean and inviting on a daily basis. The laundry room was very clean and had a counter for folding clothes on. The length of our stay was longer than most so I was able to actually interact and talk with Monica, Josue, and other staff members. Whenever I had a question or needed information they were always really helpful. Overall it was an amazing experience. I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MechanicsWife

Dear MechanicsWife,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that the staff was friendly and that you loved your room. We hope to see you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a very nice clean room. Met all the Holiday Inn standards. The breakfast was nice and the area kept very clean. Our guest service reps at check in and check out were extremely nice and welcoming. The outside is very well maintained and the lobby was decorated for fall and halloween. Made you want to stay there. It showed that they care and want you to feel welcomed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear ManyRoadsTraveled

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best. I am so happy that we could make your stay with us such pleasant one! We appreciate all of the kind words! We hope to see you again soon!

Monica W.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Super 8 Corning
Super 8 Corning
#2 of 8 in Corning
The Inn at Rolling Hills
Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning? Share your experiences!