We stayed at this Holiday Inn from 4/30/14 to 5/5/14 and had a great experience. When I booked the first night I was in a jam because we were in town for my uncle's memorial services and were supposed to stay with my grandmother. My daughter was allergic to my grandmother's cat and we needed to book a hotel on short notice. I only booked one night initially. After having a nice stay the first night, I booked for the rest of the time we would be in the area. Our rooms were clean, and had recently had the carpet replaced and decor refreshed. We first stayed in 413 which had 1 bed (I think a king), then switched to 411 in order to get 2 queen beds so my sister and brother-in-law could stay with us. Both rooms had windows facing I-5, but we never felt bothered by it. All of the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. One guy was new and didn't know how to add my IHG member # to my reservation, but he said he would take care of it. We went to dinner and it was done by the time we came back. The breakfast was good. It had slight variation in the hot offerings, but I remember bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, breads, English muffins, juices, cold cereal, milk, muffins, tea and coffee. Even my notoriously picky 6 year old was happy with the offerings. They are in the middle of a decor update, but the only evidence I saw of it was the rolls of new carpet in the lobby. I saw a few men who looked like they were doing the work, but I never heard construction noise. I will book here the next time I visit my family in the area without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated off Interstate 5 (I-5) and in proximity to the Rolling Hills Casino, the Sacramento River, Thunderhill Raceway, and many lakes ideal for fishing and boating. Corning is well known for being the Olive Capital of the United States. The hotel is located 120 miles north of Sacramento, 19 miles from Red Bluff, 30 miles from Chico, 30 miles from Willows,and 50 miles from Redding. The Holiday Inn Express Corning is the perfect halfway point to many destinations. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Corning offers 78 rooms on four floors and features a complimentary breakfast, complimentary wireless internet access, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room, and business center. The nearby town of Chico is home to California State University, Chico (CSUC) and has a large athletic department, The Chico State Wildcats, which hosts sporting events throughout the year. Other area attractions are the Wildflower Bike Race, the Outlaws Baseball League, and the National YoYo Competition. Be sure to find your way to Bidwell Park, the Silver Dollar Speedway, Bidwell Mansion, and the various popular swimming holes, restaurants and downtown nightclubs. Red Bluff, only 15 miles away hosts rodeos and motorcross at the Tehama County Fairgrounds. Visit Corning, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Corning
- Holiday Inn Express Corning
- Holiday Inn Corning
- Corning Holiday Inn