“Would stay here again”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn from 4/30/14 to 5/5/14 and had a great experience. When I booked the first night I was in a jam because we were in town for my uncle's memorial services and were supposed to stay with my grandmother. My daughter was allergic to my grandmother's cat and we needed to book a hotel on short notice. I only booked one night initially. After having a nice stay the first night, I booked for the rest of the time we would be in the area. Our rooms were clean, and had recently had the carpet replaced and decor refreshed. We first stayed in 413 which had 1 bed (I think a king), then switched to 411 in order to get 2 queen beds so my sister and brother-in-law could stay with us. Both rooms had windows facing I-5, but we never felt bothered by it. All of the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. One guy was new and didn't know how to add my IHG member # to my reservation, but he said he would take care of it. We went to dinner and it was done by the time we came back. The breakfast was good. It had slight variation in the hot offerings, but I remember bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, breads, English muffins, juices, cold cereal, milk, muffins, tea and coffee. Even my notoriously picky 6 year old was happy with the offerings. They are in the middle of a decor update, but the only evidence I saw of it was the rolls of new carpet in the lobby. I saw a few men who looked like they were doing the work, but I never heard construction noise. I will book here the next time I visit my family in the area without hesitation.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have windows that overlook I-5. Even numbered rooms have windows that overlook t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Summer,

We are so sorry your daughter couldn't stay with your grandma because of her allergies, but health does come first and I'm happy to hear our Holiday Inn Express came to the rescue for your family!
As far as breakfast goes, you have a great memory, and your daughter has an even better taste! We do offer all of the items you've named plus more healthy options coming soon with our Express Start addition!
And finally, I can't express how happy our staff was to hear that you've noticed our recent renovations! I especially thanked the renovation team for keeping the noise down so families like yours wouldn't hear a sound! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Take Care!
Chantel K. :)

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Checked in and were advised that they would be turning off the water between midnight and 3 am. Were assured that this would not affect our stay. Woken at 1:30 am with banging, sawing, dragging noises. Very loud and not abating. Called front desk who acted surprised to hear this???? They would send someone to stop the noise. Never happened. They were renovating 10 rooms right above us. We got dressed and were on the road at 3 am. Never again Holiday Inn. We did get our money back but not in a friendly way. I can't believe that this even happened.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you expect to have a good night's rest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear cybercat83,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Tired from driving. 2 beds 2 people in my room. 2 friends in another room. Staff was great. Bed OK. Pillows should be discarded Looked and felt lumpy. Very bad air heating unit. Broken tile in bathroom. Breakfast was great. In middle of remodel. Feel some areas should be closed off while working. Walked by construction stuff on way to room. It was 8pm. Again not the staffs fault

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear kayakcon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our staff and breakfast great and apologize for the inconvenience the condition of your room may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 March 2014

On our way home from Disneyland and I simply couldn't drive any longer I was happy to see this Holiday Inn. I went in, check in was quick and easy, the staff working that night was very polite. The beds were so comfortable, the room was very clean and the complimentary toiletries were fantastic! The next morning the breakfast that was offered was good, a basic continental breakfast with options. The morning staff was also very polite and helpful, check out was a breeze! In the future I will most definitely look at staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear KatreenyB,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star review! We greatly appreciate your business. Were so happy you enjoyed our Express Start breakfast and our bath and body works toiletries! We cant wait to welcome you back soon!

Kindly,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here three days earlier this month. I can't say enough good things about the experience and plan to make this hotel a regular stop while driving between Oregon and California. I spent all day in the hotel while my husband attended a class in the area and found the staff very accommodating, especially the housekeeping staff. The large flat screen TV had every channel we liked. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and the king size bed was very comfortable. The expanded breakfast was the best we ever had in a hotel, with fruit and coffee available at all times, and fresh cookies every evening. We highly recommend the hotel for anyone traveling through or staying in the area.

Room Tip: Third floor west end very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear hapytraveler10,

We are very pleased to hear you have such a wonderful experience at our hotel. We are very excited to share all of our new upgrades and happy to hear your enjoying them. We can't wait to welcome you back! Thank you for all your kind words!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Check in was fast and ez , room was on the older side room was clean , paid 80 as a walk in , had some broken tile on the wall in shower , did not eat at the trough had coffee only , breakfast looked good , lots of room to sit and enjoy the morning sun.

They had brand new high end guest laundry machines , always a plus to us road warriors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear, Snogoer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are excited to let you know about our of our upgrades. We are so happy you enjoyed our brand new washer and dryer! We invite you back soon to see our in-room bathrooms as we are installing granite in all our showers!
We look forward to your return!

Kindly,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a typical, pleasant Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed here twice and each time found staff to be very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean and attractive and beds are comfortable. The facility is beginning to show a little wear, but upgrade efforts are in place. This last time I stayed there they were in the midst of putting in a brand new breakfast eating area.

There is some unavoidable noise from the location adjacent to the I-5 offramp. Lots of trucks nearby. Not too much of a problem, though.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building, away from I-5 are generally quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Jamesdmo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are working very hard to make improvements and upgrades. 5 star service is always # 1. We cant wait to see you again in the near future.

Kindly, Monica W.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Super 8 Corning
Super 8 Corning
#2 of 8 in Corning
The Inn at Rolling Hills
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning? Share your experiences!